Bundesliga 1 & 2 Thread - 21/22

Wolfsburg routed Mainz on Friday night, 5-0.

They took an early lead, then a penalty and red card changed the whole game, as up to that point I still fancied Mainz to win.

Great ground, although it was only half full, maybe even less than half. They gave an official attendance of 19,000, but there was nowhere near that many people. 

Managed to get in the mixer with the ultras and have a dance about in the second half, they have a couple of guys with a small pa system getting the crowd up for it at the front of tbeue stand behind the goal, as an experience, they do it so much better than we do in the UK, before the match the entertainment was great, even during the game the main pa system is engaging with the crowd when a goal is scored. 

Wolfsburg is a decent city too, well worth the visit to take in a game and the VW auto tour. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GermanBird said:

@flo are you still following Stuttgart?

I have been to their game against Augsburg recently

(trying to persuade my nephew to follow them as I failed to persuade him to become an OWL)

Yeah bad run of fixtures left hope they don't go into automatic relegation

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 14:13, 0742 said:

Hannover 96 fan checking in. 1-1 draw against Werder yesterday wasn't so bad. Heard we're signing some lemon from a club in Sheffield, hope he's better than the CB who scored an OG yesterday 😂

Always keep an eye on Hannovers results Not doing so good again. Spent the 6 weeks holidays at my grandparents who lived in a village near the city

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darra said:

Always keep an eye on Hannovers results Not doing so good again. Spent the 6 weeks holidays at my grandparents who lived in a village near the city

Yeah it's been a very poor season, currently 4th from bottom. I was there last week for a day/night, very passionate fans in the city and they should be in the top tier really with their ground and fanbase.

• Like 1