• Don’t like it 👎
  2. 2. AWAY SHIRT

• Like it! 👍
    • Don’t like it 👎
  3. 3. GOALKEEPER KIT

• Like it! 👍
    • Don’t like it 👎

9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It's amazing that people can get quite so outraged at this kind of thing. Babies wearing pink is nothing more than a social convention. As pointed out elsewhere, it used to be the colour for boys but just like that went the other way. We even had someone in another thread saying they "couldn't express in words my disappointment" about the plain back. It's just a design aspect of a football shirt that will be replaced twelve months from now. If you don't like it, say "oh well" and go back to your day. Hardly like they put a giant Blades badge on the front is it?

There's two overlapping aspects: the actual aesthetics (the home shirt is horrid, the away shirt is nice but pink frightens some fans and the keeper kit is meh) and the idea of getting worked up over our kit design for one season, given the amount of crap we're generally in. I just relieved DC's not stuck a trunk and big floppy ears on the owl - yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It's amazing that people can get quite so outraged at this kind of thing. Babies wearing pink is nothing more than a social convention. As pointed out elsewhere, it used to be the colour for boys but just like that went the other way. We even had someone in another thread saying they "couldn't express in words my disappointment" about the plain back. It's just a design aspect of a football shirt that will be replaced twelve months from now. If you don't like it, say "oh well" and go back to your day. Hardly like they put a giant Blades badge on the front is it?

This x 2000. Here have a beer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

. I think the plain back is a bit poo - perfectly valid opinion. Nothing wrong with saying that you don't like something if you genuinely don't like it. I'm surprised at people being amazed at people expressing an opinion on design aspects. Are they really "outraged" or merely expressing an opinion - some forcibly. I haven't seen anyone, for example, say they won't go because of the kit - so in effect they are saying oh well and getting on with their day. 

53 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

The stoke kit in blue  would have been great

Too bloody right!

Same manufacturer n'all.

This in blue would have  been spot on.

stoke-city-21-22-home-goalkeeper-kits-3.jpg.068512411d954fe9f5246931975874cc.jpg

Proper back too.

stoke-city-21-22-home-goalkeeper-kits-4.jpg.5ecc5e5148fabcbaea4f33a8884db690.jpg

I'm even more annoyed now.

• Like 5

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Errol Flashman said:

Too bloody right!

Same manufacturer n'all.

stoke-city-21-22-home-goalkeeper-kits-3.jpg.068512411d954fe9f5246931975874cc.jpg

Proper back too.

stoke-city-21-22-home-goalkeeper-kits-4.jpg.5ecc5e5148fabcbaea4f33a8884db690.jpg

1 minute ago, Errol Flashman said:

Too bloody right!

Same manufacturer n'all.

Proper back too.

And rightly so...that in wednesday blue would have been beutifull

I dont like any of the kits but it makes no difference to me as I've never bought one and never will. If we do well this year I'll end up liking them as I'll associate them with success. I'm only really bothered about results. 

850BFCB5-98C2-4B6C-A4F3-E2F7E5401AAF.jpeg 

ECE5208B-9D35-4506-91EF-404E2B3F7C28.jpeg 

For me I don't really like them. On the Home I don't like the number/width of stripes, the solid blue shoulders/sleeves, the white collar/sleeve trim, the white back/with the stripes at the bottom and that it seems mainly white with blue stripes instead of blue and white stripes. I don't think the names/numbers will improve the back either. I guess we're all over the shop with the designs though: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm I guess it could grow on me.

On the Away I don't like the colour (I don't mind pink), but it doesn't suit us with regard to United with them playing in red which is kinda like pink, us calling them pigs etc. (pigs are pink if you didn't know🐖🐷🧐😁) and that the fact United wore it last season where we took the mick out of them for it. Didn't anyone who chose the colour know all this? Also at a distance I thought it was a Bournemouth kit, especially with the badge.

On the Keeper kit I'm not that bothered by it, it's just orange. If I remember correctly too don't teams pick bright colours for some reason now?

Bournemouth-Third-Kit-2015-2016.jpg 

sheffield-united-2020-2021-adidas-away-k 

I suppose our home kit is like this United one from last season or so before too:

sheffield-united-2019-2020-adidas-kit-7. 

Sorry for hurting anyone's eyes with the United shirts.loltenor.gif Also I think kits shouldn't come out every year, but I guess it's a money maker.

10 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

The stoke kit in blue  would have been great

9 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

Too bloody right!

Same manufacturer n'all.

Proper back too.

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

And rightly so...that in wednesday blue would have been beutifull

Found this too:

2016/17 Home shirt-

1860-16-17-kit+%25283%2529.jpg1860-16-17-kit+%25284%2529.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Errol Flashman said:

Too bloody right!

Same manufacturer n'all.

Proper back too.

Agree this could have worked well but we would then have some fans saying we have got a template kit from Macron (not that that matters in my opinion).

• Like 1

Yeah too thick and it looks more Wigan like. The sweet spot has to be the 1991 home stripes, and any other kit before or after that conformed to those dimensions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Agree the stripes are too thin, but don't agree with the posts above about the really wide stripes. This one in 2005/06 was one of the worst home shirts we've ever had in my opinion. 

sheffield-wednesday-2006-07-home.jpg.0437d0de9c0c531416cc50a5e1ae5193.jpg

The actual texture of the material of that shirt will haunt me forever

It was like wearing a mixture of paper and plastic bag

Horrific

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop