THIS IS MY KIT

On 23/07/2021 at 04:59, Ellis Rimmer said:

Home shirt decent, think it may grow on me

really like the away shirt, I think it will be a big hit

what does resident kit expert @pachyderm think?

I really like them from what little I've seen. 

Can't wait to see them over at footballshirtcutlure.com though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Furious George said:

Agreed. What do people not understand about Wednesday shouldn't wear pink?

The pigs wore it last season, and it's not about copying them that people dislike, it's because it's the colour of pigs. 

Remember the olden days when Wednesday had a poll on the official website to choose the colour of the kit, and it got taken down because all the pigs were voting for pink?

Pink = pigs.

I've taken loads today because of that shirt. Just keep replying it's salmon.

Or you could just be the adult in the conversation 

Its a shirt its pale pink and it looks good get over it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

This is the thing though. My moan isn't against the design. This is a smart shirt and the black details are superb, the kit looks great. I wear similar colour t-shirts and shirts, so it's not a I don't like pink thing. I also don't care what United fans think.

There are two issues with this shirt, it's as close to red as you will get (red and white mixed together). We will look like 10 pigs rolling around a muddy pitch, especially at the away stadiums we are going to this season.

How immature of me to say the above, but would you be happy if next seasons away shirt is red?  That's how I feel about Wednesday in pink. I think it goes against the traditions of the club. Blue and white home, yellow/black/purple away. If you want to do Wednesday in pink, no problems with occasional merchandise, just not the official strip.

I think that because it's pink people are misconceiving this as a macho thing, but it's nothing to do with that, it's to do with traditions.  Maybe I'm getting old. 

No, the macho thing is an entirely separate issue, and not one which I've seen so far in this thread.

I just don't see the issue with a pink and black kit, as regards Wednesday and United. Heck, even red could be used on an away kit as long as it isn't red and white stripes. United have had blue on their away kits with no fuss..because they weren't blue and white stripes.

I really can put into words how much the back of that collar area is annoying me. 

20210724_153316.jpg.ea3e12ecb33eb0ba3b418c44b9709014.jpg

I mean, some f'cker has signed that off.

"Yeah, that's looks good"

It more horrific with every viewing. 

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

41 minutes ago, Errol Flashman said:

I really can put into words how much the back of that collar area is annoying me. 

20210724_153316.jpg.ea3e12ecb33eb0ba3b418c44b9709014.jpg

I mean, some f'cker has signed that off.

"Yeah, that's looks good"

It more horrific with every viewing. 

I can't express in words my disappointment. We shouldn't have solid backs, but if we are to have them at least make it blue. 

It reminds me of Homer Simpson designing a car.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 11:42, Lawrie Madden said:

Or you could just be the adult in the conversation 

Its a shirt its pale pink and it looks good get over it

Can't mate.

We've made a massive error with that shirt.

Imagine getting a yellow, with blue shorts. Legendary.

Instead, we've gone for pig pink. 

On 24/07/2021 at 08:13, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It looks great to me. My four-year-old son now wants a kit for the first time, as pink is his favourite colour. Even my 68-year-old dad likes it.

It's not going to be to everyone's tastes - nothing ever is - but if the reason somebody doesn't like it is because pigs are pink and they're worried about some infantile name-calling from supporters of a team who themselves wore pink last season, well - and I'm trying really hard not be offensive here - they might want to confront their insecurities.

Christ.

Who's made you the guardian of all that is righteous for Wednesday fans?

6 hours ago, Furious George said:

Christ.

Who's made you the guardian of all that is righteous for Wednesday fans?

Eh?

It's just an opinion, dude.

If anyone really cares that much about some potential teasing from United fans over the colour of a football kit, they might want to consider why that upsets them so much.