THIS IS MY KIT

49 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Thats the best kit launch video we've ever done.

Top marks for the team behind that.

This is Wednesday engaging with the community again - local band, local feel, home grown player leading the comms in Palmer... its taken a horrendous year to wake us up but this is good to see.

And like the kits too

Yeah.

As someone who has been relentlessly negative about pretty much everything all summer, there was a nice little buzz this morning seeing that. 

• Love 1

Macron just haven’t nailed it for me. White back, poor collar, awful looking trim on sleeves and thin stripes. It looks more like a Colchester or Brighton shirt to me

Shame as I absolutely loved the last two elev8 kit designs, imo the best ones since 2000

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

Lots of positive responses I've seen.

60% love it

40% Others either don't like pink (for whatever reason) and/or are annoyed cus the blades wore it*

*like Barcelona, psg snd a host of other esteemed clubs. 

There's always the home kit I guess 🙂

Funny I've seen 60% hate it

40%  think it's alright

We should never wear red & white or pink.  This is standard stuff. 

This is not to be confused with.... " Do I like the design?", yes it's nice. But don't put a 🦉 badge on it. 

Or some homophobic/misogynistic nonsense. It's not to do with that either. Wednesday should never wear pink. I'm sure one year we were ask and there was uproar at the mere suggestion.

All of a sudden, because of a very good promotional vid most seem to like it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just been to see my Dad. 89 and his eyes are that bad that he stopped going to games a few years about 6 years ago. 

He asked me if owt was happening. 
I told him the new kit was out and that the away kit was pink. 

Dad: ‘Oh, f**king hell!’

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

We should never wear red & white or pink.  This is standard stuff. 

This is not to be confused with.... " Do I like the design?", yes it's nice. But don't put a 🦉 badge on it. 

Or some homophobic/misogynistic nonsense. It's not to do with that either. Wednesday should never wear pink. I'm sure one year we were ask and there was uproar at the mere suggestion.

All of a sudden, because of a very good promotional vid most seem to like it.

Agreed. What do people not understand about Wednesday shouldn't wear pink?

The pigs wore it last season, and it's not about copying them that people dislike, it's because it's the colour of pigs. 

Remember the olden days when Wednesday had a poll on the official website to choose the colour of the kit, and it got taken down because all the pigs were voting for pink?

Pink = pigs.

I've taken loads today because of that shirt. Just keep replying it's salmon.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

We definitely need to chase one of the big supermarkets for sponsorship, taking us back to the days of ASDA at Wembley.

Here I've mocked up what the kit could look like

FB_IMG_1627104869623.jpg

49 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Genuinely serious. I can't believe how many have endorsed the Peppa piggy looking Wednesday strip. 

It looks great to me. My four-year-old son now wants a kit for the first time, as pink is his favourite colour. Even my 68-year-old dad likes it.

It's not going to be to everyone's tastes - nothing ever is - but if the reason somebody doesn't like it is because pigs are pink and they're worried about some infantile name-calling from supporters of a team who themselves wore pink last season, well - and I'm trying really hard not be offensive here - they might want to confront their insecurities.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It looks great to me. My four-year-old son now wants a kit for the first time, as pink is his favourite colour. Even my 68-year-old dad likes it.

It's not going to be to everyone's tastes - nothing ever is - but if the reason somebody doesn't like it is because pigs are pink and they're worried about some infantile name-calling from supporters of a team who themselves wore pink last season, well - and I'm trying really hard not be offensive here - they might want to confront their insecurities.

This is the thing though. My moan isn't against the design. This is a smart shirt and the black details are superb, the kit looks great. I wear similar colour t-shirts and shirts, so it's not a I don't like pink thing. I also don't care what United fans think.

There are two issues with this shirt, it's as close to red as you will get (red and white mixed together). We will look like 10 pigs rolling around a muddy pitch, especially at the away stadiums we are going to this season.

How immature of me to say the above, but would you be happy if next seasons away shirt is red?  That's how I feel about Wednesday in pink. I think it goes against the traditions of the club. Blue and white home, yellow/black/purple away. If you want to do Wednesday in pink, no problems with occasional merchandise, just not the official strip.

I think that because it's pink people are misconceiving this as a macho thing, but it's nothing to do with that, it's to do with traditions.  Maybe I'm getting old. 

46 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

This is the thing though. My moan isn't against the design. This is a smart shirt and the black details are superb, the kit looks great. I wear similar colour t-shirts and shirts, so it's not a I don't like pink thing. I also don't care what United fans think.

There are two issues with this shirt, it's as close to red as you will get (red and white mixed together). We will look like 10 pigs rolling around a muddy pitch, especially at the away stadiums we are going to this season.

How immature of me to say the above, but would you be happy if next seasons away shirt is red?  That's how I feel about Wednesday in pink. I think it goes against the traditions of the club. Blue and white home, yellow/black/purple away. If you want to do Wednesday in pink, no problems with occasional merchandise, just not the official strip.

I think that because it's pink people are misconceiving this as a macho thing, but it's nothing to do with that, it's to do with traditions.  Maybe I'm getting old. 

Its purple