Fans should be given a “Golden Share” - The Times.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They are useless, it's just a front for publicity for the members of the Trust, as every Trust is.

I don't need to email them because I already know they are throw.

Your opinion mate, which you are entitled to. I have been critical too, but as a result of communication with them I just changed my opinion. I like to do that. Base my judgement on being in possession of the facts. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Who would hold a Wednesday golden share. The Wednesday Trust?

They'll just bow down to whatever chansiri asks for as per. As would all fan trusts because they are all generally useless organisations.

With what is it, 600 members(?), there’s no way that the trust would be acceptable for holding a “fan share”. 

I agree wholeheartedly with your cynicism over the trust, but disagree that they would “bow down to whatever Chansiri asks for”. In my observations, the trust appear to have rapidly moved from a stated desire to work constructively, to taking a confrontational approach and as such have already burnt any bridges towards a decent working relationship with the club. 

• Like 3

Fans Trusts, Small Share holders , Clubs giving fans a token say ( A golden share ), is all from the past ( sadly ), football  at the level we want Wednesday to be at is big business and big money.

Accept it for what it is.

If you want to support a community fan based club support a club like SPS

• Like 1

Fans will jump on any chairman who will not spend spend spend.

Fans will jump on any chairman who spends too much (always after it goes pear shaped...always)

We need a chairman called Goldilocks and a manager called Houdini to keep all happy.

Easy..

This is back to the future stuff. Like many English clubs, from 1899, The Wednesday was owned by its supporters with the launch of shares. Many local people and companies owned shares including my family, topped up by the debentures issued in 1961, shares released in the 1970s plus private purchases. The system was seriously  devalued by the Charterhouse injection of money (wasted?) and then by the pull-out of Charterhouse which completely diluted our shares with 3 directors holding the lion's share and 10% of the shares had to be donated to and managed by Wednesdayite.

As one of many many local people who had put their money where their support was and lost every penny, I would be cautious about any pre-existing organisation taking a golden share and would want a long and hard discussion over how it would be managed. Selling shares to the public again, which would represent the golden share holders, and put money back into the club would have to be one option.

11 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They are useless, it's just a front for publicity for the members of the Trust, as every Trust is.

I don't need to email them because I already know they are throw.

Care to expand because that comes across the same as saying:

"I've never tried Guinness because I don't like it!"

• Like 1

There seems to be a misconception that the clubs can decline this impending regulation, they can’t. 

I’d urge people to read the interim findings - 

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

There seems to be a misconception that the clubs can decline this impending regulation, they can’t. 

I’d urge people to read the interim findings - 

"Protecting Heritage Assets.   We have seen strong evidence that existing protections of key club heritage items of great cultural and emotional importance to fans is not sufficient. The most pressing of these has been the many clubs who appear to have lost the rights to their home grounds, but much evidence was also received of concerns relating to items such as club badges.."

• Like 1

22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You do realise when you post this drivel that other people can actually see it and so can see how ridiculous you are making yourself look?

They remind me very much of kick it out organisation.

A very good idea in theory and something that needs to be done. But nothing every does because its just publicity for the leaders. As always.

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

A very good idea in theory and something that needs to be done. But nothing every does because its just publicity for the leaders. As always.

Again - you're just expressing an opinion that you've heard other people say
An opinion that a certain demographic of our fanbase say

And they're wrong

I bet for example that you can't tell us what publicity the leaders of this new trust have had, who they are, what they gain out of it other than just trying to help our fans

I'll wait...

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, Manwë said:

"Protecting Heritage Assets.   We have seen strong evidence that existing protections of key club heritage items of great cultural and emotional importance to fans is not sufficient. The most pressing of these has been the many clubs who appear to have lost the rights to their home grounds, but much evidence was also received of concerns relating to items such as club badges.."

This is the key thing for me.

Football clubs are important assets to their local community.   That goes for ALL football clubs, from Man City to Sheffield FC and beyond.  They are all massively important to someone.

They AREN'T just businessess like your local Costa coffee.  Once they are gone, they are gone.  They SHOULD be protected like heritage assets.

You don't have to join the National Trust if you don't want to.  You can just go and pay and enjoy some castles and stately homes or whatever whenever you want.  But the National Trust is still there to make sure no one bulldozes it or makes it into a conference centre, and you can join if you like.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can't we just go to the match ?

Yes

Feel free

Off you go

But if you're just going to go to the match then stay out of the threads that are discussing the club in return

Ta

(that would actually also technically apply to all the threads about player performances, new signings etc because, after all, as you said yourself you just want to go the match)

Hope that clears up your position 👍

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Again - you're just expressing an opinion that you've heard other people say
An opinion that a certain demographic of our fanbase say

And they're wrong

I bet for example that you can't tell us what publicity the leaders of this new trust have had, who they are, what they gain out of it other than just trying to help our fans

I'll wait...

No.. its my opinion, that I happen share with other people.

Publicity let's see - how about followers on twitter? Listeners to their various podcasts? Interviews with papers and things?