WELCOME BACK JACK HUNT!

1 hour ago, fatzooma said:

Excellent signing at this level, he could easily have got a Championship club

So you’re saying that a host of championship teams made him offers and he and his agent chose to come to the club that was relegated without a whimper and doesn’t pay its players? Are you for real? Another case of taking players no one else want. We never learn. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally think the money spent on his wages should have been used on a striker or a goalkeeper. Also let’s hope he’s learnt to defend in his time away from us, if he has he could be a good player at this level. 

Couldn’t agree more given Palmer, Iorfa and Hutchinson could all cope as full-back in this league.

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Remember the financial poo were in before celebrating another pensioner 

Christ.  He's only 30.  Literally the prime age for a footballer.

Perhaps you should take your advice and remember our financial situation before assuming we could sign anyone better than Jack Hunt.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Decent for this division, but don't think we need another RB.

If Palmer gets moved on then it's a great signing.

Positive that he wants to be here, but will be annoyed if it eats into budget for a striker or GK.

Welcome back Jack, hope you do well.

5 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Christ.  He's only 30.  Literally the prime age for a footballer.

Perhaps you should take your advice and remember our financial situation before assuming we could sign anyone better than Jack Hunt.

Never commented on his ability. Right back not a priority. Hunt coming off a Championship wage. On his way down. Maybe his final professional contract. Not the right fit for us. 

Unsure on why people are hating on this - He was, and still is, better than Palmer at RB.

Ignoring Chanseri’s transfer policy;

”we need a better right back”

Sells Hunt

Doesnt replace

Gets relegated

Signs Hunt

We don’t know the budget so let’s hope we can still bring in a striker, keeper and that one CM we’ve been waiting for since 2016…

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Never commented on his ability. Right back not a priority. Hunt coming off a Championship wage. On his way down. Maybe his final professional contract. Not the right fit for us. 

Professional football clubs tend to have more than one player for each position.

His wages will be within the framework allowed by the EFL, so I doubt they will be enormous.

I doubt it will even be anywhere near his last professional contract.  He's hardly 37-year-old Steve Nicol turning out in the Premiership.  Got a good few years in him yet.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Professional football clubs tend to have more than one player for each position.

His wages will be within the framework allowed by the EFL, so I doubt they will be enormous.

I doubt it will even be anywhere near his last professional contract.  He's hardly 37-year-old Steve Nicol turning out in the Premiership.  Got a good few years in him yet.

Just promise you’ll still be in favour of this signing come the end of the season and that you’ll post telling us all what an inspired signing it was. I’m 100% certain it’ll be another Jones, Boyd, Rhodes scenario

• Haha 2