Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Injuries are part and parcel of the game.  It's the fact that we've got no replacements is the problem. 

 

Why do we not have any replacements?   Why, when we need to hit the ground running, are we going to spend the first ten games "gelling" new-new signings while waiting for Windass to return?

 

We've done bad business so far this summer.  Too little, too late.

 

We are so far behind in terms of gelling look how much it fvcked us over last year. We never gelled. We never managed to play catch up. People say 10 games or whatever but in reality you never really catch up because you can't get those points back that you haven't won. Honestly think we could be bottom 4 by end of september. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well let’s hope moore has something up his sleeve cus loosing windass takes a big chance of us scoring away? Only player looked like and scored a few pre -season? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

We are so far behind in terms of gelling look how much it fvcked us over last year. We never gelled. We never managed to play catch up. People say 10 games or whatever but in reality you never really catch up because you can't get those points back that you haven't won. Honestly think we could be bottom 4 by end of september. 


Not just gelling either. Bunch of young guys being thrown into the mix.

 

Our first 2 away games are Charlton and Rotherham, and I honestly think we could get turned over in both. They sandwich 2 home games against Donny and Fleetwood. 
 

Gelling is one thing.. let’s see where the confidence levels are at too if we only take 1-3 points from those first 4 games. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He had spells out last season too.

 

We need a striker, end of.

 

Honestly, this is reminding me of the build up to the 2003/2004 season atm.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Classic Wednesday that. Always happens. 


When was the last time we had a main striker injured at the start of the season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

We are so far behind in terms of gelling look how much it fvcked us over last year. We never gelled. We never managed to play catch up. People say 10 games or whatever but in reality you never really catch up because you can't get those points back that you haven't won. Honestly think we could be bottom 4 by end of september. 


That’s the spirit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

It's extremely doubtful we can afford to buy a decent striker, that's even if one became available, pretty sure we were always going to bring in loans in that department, just hope Moore has already put some feelers out.

What about free agent Paul Mullins scored 32 goals last season at Cambridge in league two and is currently without a club?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just shows how poor and slow our recruitment has been. I’ve said from the beginning its more a case of getting bodies through the door in positions that needed genuine attention, specifically up top, left back and keeper. Yes we’ve signed alex hunt, which admittedly is a great result, shodipo and adeniran but it’s not where bodies are required 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sefton owl said:

Just shows how poor and slow our recruitment has been. I’ve said from the beginning its more a case of getting bodies through the door in positions that needed genuine attention, specifically up top, left back and keeper. Yes we’ve signed alex hunt, which admittedly is a great result, shodipo and adeniran but it’s not where bodies are required 


Jack hunt sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Just shows how poor and slow our recruitment has been. I’ve said from the beginning its more a case of getting bodies through the door in positions that needed genuine attention, specifically up top, left back and keeper. Yes we’ve signed alex hunt, which admittedly is a great result, shodipo and adeniran but it’s not where bodies are required 

We needed a winger we got one, we needed a central midfielder we got one, we needed a left back we got one, not sure what your getting at

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

It's extremely doubtful we can afford to buy a decent striker, that's even if one became available, pretty sure we were always going to bring in loans in that department, just hope Moore has already put some feelers out.

You do realise we’re not allowed to buy a striker. Frees and loans only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

We needed a winger we got one, we needed a central midfielder we got one, we needed a left back we got one, not sure what your getting at


Not particularly experienced though are they, how many games they got between em

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...