Bye Bye Borner.... Borner Bye Byyyyyyyye

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
18 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

I don't know if all the money weighed in his pockets to slow him down, but something happened to him during his time here. He was a unit for some time but a very different player afterwards. Did he have some specific injury that might have caused something? I recall he was out and then never got back to his original level.

Completely agree. Seemed a great signing then totally faded away.

Will probably be borner again back in Germany :duntmatter:

Good to see that Hannover have actually coughed up the money and paid up.  

That money will certainly help us in our rebuild.

A while ago, I had an inclination that Borner was tapped up by the German club, so I am pleased that the matter has now been resolved for all three parties. 

Good luck Borner.  

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Pointless keeping hold of a player that dosent want to be here as they're heart isn't going to be in it and performances wouldn't be good enough. 

All the ups and downs at the club while he's been here and he's never gone into hiding once, despite all the times he's had cowardly players around him who just keep giving the ball back to him and expecting him to create everything.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, owl84 said:

He was for the first 2 months. 

I don't think that's fair, yeah he was out of the traps when he first joined. I think hard to say Borner wasn't capable, especially when team was so poor last season.

Good luck to the fella and wasnt the worst we have had in ths last few seasons either. At least he actually tried and as others have said, he never hid. 

Also, havent his family been in Germany throughout the whole Covid thing? if so, it shouldnt be underestimated just how much of an effect not having his loved ones around in this time has had on him. Probs part the reason why his perfomances dropped off. 

• Thanks 2