Keith Treacy

Him and many others, including my own brother, have suffered the same fate. It ended my brothers career although there were other issues there too, and no doubt that is what the problem was with Keith.

Fortunately, safegaurding and the ability to speak up about your issues, in what is a highly testosterone fueled sport, where weaknesses can and will be exposed and punished, mean that I would hope less and less feel the need to hide their issues. It might still mean the end of their careers as a player, but not the end of their lives as a human being.

• Like 8

Really interesting, thanks for posting.

I respect his honesty. Everybody thinks footballers are robots who want the same thing and are immune to mistakes. He wanted to play in the Premier League and for his country and did, sounds like that was it for him.

On his time with us, he was a key loan signing, a perfect fit. Whereas Antonio was pace and power, Treacy was more guile and craft. Could tell why he had played higher up.

Hope he keeps up the good work, nice to hear he's on the more straight and narrow.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

That goal against Brentford away, the day united lost to Stevenage (I think) and we overtook them in the table. 

One of my best memories watching Wednesday that was. 

Unbelievable day. I was so invested in that Sheff Utd Stevenage game. I celebrated more during that than our game against Brentford.

31 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

That goal against Brentford away, the day united lost to Stevenage (I think) and we overtook them in the table. 

In over 40 years that’s one of the best days I’ve had following the club. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Unbelievable day. I was so invested in that Sheff Utd Stevenage game. I celebrated more during that than our game against Brentford.

If I remember rightly, the United - Stevenage game kicked off later and they ended up drawing 2-2.

That was when we overtook them in the League table for the first time and I - for one - really started to believe promotion was going to happen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

If I remember rightly, the United - Stevenage game kicked off later and they ended up drawing 2-2.

That was when we overtook them in the League table for the first time and I - for one - really started to believe promotion was going to happen.

Yes that’s right. I couldn’t watch extra time of the Pigs game. I went outside the boozer pacing up and down waiting to hear the cheer from indoors. 

What a day.

36 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Mine too.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes that’s right. I couldn’t watch extra time of the Pigs game. I went outside the boozer pacing up and down waiting to hear the cheer from indoors. 

What a day.

I did exactly the same in the rain too, great memories.

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

What a day, one of the finest following Wednesday.

Regarding the story, very powerful and hard-hitting. Feel for him but good to see he is back on track and looking to the future.

48 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Remember one of the lads had SkyGo or whatever the equivalent in 2012 was and the entire coach huddled round his phone watching the game.

Honestly the limbs on that bus at full time were something I'll never forget. 

We had to pull off at Watford gap and we were going absolutely mental in the carpark just as a coach load of Rotherham fans turned up on their way back from Dagenham (if I remember). They took one look at us and got straight back on the motorway. 

Lovely 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What a day.

I love remembering moments like that and different peoples experience of them.

We were canoeing from Fort William to Inverness on that day. We pulled up on a headland, fizzed. While a mate went to ask the farmer if we could stay on his land, I turned my phone on and saw the result. 

I remember being absolutely buzzing, dancing around on the banks of Loch Ness.

Back on topic. Really rated Keith. Would have liked us to sign him. I am presuming his drinking issues stopped us from doing that.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Great day that.

Watched the Stevenage game on Sky.

The Pigs were 2 down, got it back to 2-2 and then had one cleared off the line at the death.