Alex Scott new commentator for fifa 22

Sefton owl

Her and Stewart Robson both added, dislike the changes equally.

I miss the halcyon days of Tyler and Gray. Tyler and Smith wasn't bad but removing Martin Tyler who was the commentator for 15 years I just can't get behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At this point I don’t think there’s any excuse not to have multiple commentary teams that rotate in and out. Would certainly add some variety. Just have 3 selectable commentary teams. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Her and Stewart Robson both added, dislike the changes equally.

I miss the halcyon days of Tyler and Gray. Tyler and Smith wasn't bad but removing Martin Tyler who was the commentator for 15 years I just can't get behind.

Tyler and Smith got on my nerves. Like someone said previously it would be good to have multiple commentators.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

52 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Tyler and Smith got on my nerves. Like someone said previously it would be good to have multiple commentators.

Which we used to have for the last 5 Fifas or so. Last one was the first one in years with only a single set of commentators.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

At this point I don’t think there’s any excuse not to have multiple commentary teams that rotate in and out. Would certainly add some variety. Just have 3 selectable commentary teams. 

Err there were multiple commentary teams for the past decade or so! Tyldsley and Townsend did commentary for International matches going back to at least 2013 I think and then they were doing cup matches as well. Then Derek Rae and Lee Dixon did cup commentary for 19 and 20 IIRC, Tyler and Smith did the league commentary but 19 and 20 let you choose, either a specific commentary team or automatic (Tyler for league and Rae for cup). Then Fifa 21 dumped Tyler and only had Rae and Dixon for all English commentary.

46 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Which we used to have for the last 5 Fifas or so. Last one was the first one in years with only a single set of commentators.

Well it shows you I haven't played properly since 17.lol 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

42 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Well it shows you I haven't played properly since 17.lol 

Don't blame you it's been pretty shiiiiiiiiiiity since then anyway!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul.. said:

Err there were multiple commentary teams for the past decade or so! Tyldsley and Townsend did commentary for International matches going back to at least 2013 I think and then they were doing cup matches as well. Then Derek Rae and Lee Dixon did cup commentary for 19 and 20 IIRC, Tyler and Smith did the league commentary but 19 and 20 let you choose, either a specific commentary team or automatic (Tyler for league and Rae for cup). Then Fifa 21 dumped Tyler and only had Rae and Dixon for all English commentary.

My point still stands, should be more of them back and a better rotation of them rather than just dependant on competition.

Feels like the next big thing for them to improve from a presentation standpoint. They've done an excellent job with everything else.

On 22/07/2021 at 10:54, darklord said:

Alex Scott is my super crush. Shes just beautiful, smart funny. The more of her the better

Agreed

proper proper beautiful 

3 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Might actually get FIFA this year, I’ve had about 3 years off it now. 

What’s changed?

They literally broke defending in last years one.

Does fixing it this year qualify as a change? Maybe it’s a “feature”.

Animations on the new one look nice though. Looks nice and smooth. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Don't blame you it's been pretty shiiiiiiiiiiity since then anyway!

I enjoyed 17 a lot, played Pro Clubs mostly. 10 was the peak though for FIFA.

On 23/07/2021 at 08:39, Paul.. said:

The commentary gets ultra repetitive after a while anyway, same comments every game. I just stick it on Brazilian or Italian, no idea what they're saying but it sounds funny. 

• Like 1