All you 'EFL are out to get us' folks will love this one

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

To be fair. It was exceptional circumstances.

True, very exceptional circumstances created by a lab in China at the request of Derby County.

Millions dead, just to ensure Wednesday get relegated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

To be fair it was an absolutely stupid decision in the first place, and one that THEY created. How can you force a club to do something then punish them for doing it. It’s like advising a club to sell its ground to itself, and then a year after punish them for doing it.

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

@Owlstalk quick off-topic… but what in the name of god is this ad?! Yes, I know cookies n all, but…

304017F1-22F7-4365-891F-A7508DC84DBE.thumb.png.3685aba6ff0403119b68af229fdf4664.png

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I really hope they go down. 

If we’re going to hell, they can join us there

Derby are going to get the kitchen sink thrown at them make no mistake about that. Maybe even worse. They may go out of business.

But in this case they were right to go in there favour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

@Owlstalk quick off-topic… but what in the name of god is this ad?! Yes, I know cookies n all, but…

304017F1-22F7-4365-891F-A7508DC84DBE.thumb.png.3685aba6ff0403119b68af229fdf4664.png

Good grief, what sort of web sites have you been browsing, sadomasochist Christian ones?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Derby are going to get the kitchen sink thrown at them make no mistake about that. Maybe even worse. They may go out of business.

But in this case they were right to go in there favour.

True, definitely the right decision...but it will get interesting when they resubmit their accounts

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

To be fair it was an absolutely stupid decision in the first place, and one that THEY created. How can you force a club to do something then punish them for doing it. It’s like advising a club to sell its ground to itself, and then a year after punish them for doing it.

To be fair, they only do that to owners who **** around, consistently miss agreed dates to complete the sale then try and fudge the accounts by incorrectly entering the date in the wrong accounting year.

But which club owner would be so incompetent as to do that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gbear1867 said:

To be fair, they only do that to owners who **** around, consistently miss agreed dates to complete the sale then try and fudge the accounts by incorrectly entering the date in the wrong accounting year.

But which club owner would be so incompetent as to do that?

I’m basing that tongue in cheek comment on reading the final report of the hearing. Maybe, just maybe if someone had taken minutes at the PNE meeting we would have known just what the EFL agreed to. The fact that the people at that meeting signed off the deal, and it was a year later when someone else looked at it and said “ what’s all this then” and nobody at that meeting could remember what they agreed to that just makes me a little bit suspicious.

But hey I’m a cynical conspiracy theorist who believed covid started in a lab in wuhan funded by the American government.