Owlstalk golf society

MSN SYSOP

6 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I’m tentatively in…… not sure how good you lot are. 

Hacked my way round Rother Valley on Monday - bloody hot 🥵 

I used to be a 14 handicap....but not played for a very long time. I wouldn't mind playing Tankersley again. 

4 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Fulford is lovely and seeing the pictures of langer in tree which are still there.

Hillsborough is also a great course, remember playing the Mackenzie brothers in a competition there ( one of them later turned pro and is still on the tour). Wind was howling like a bugger, we beat them and they said they'd get payback when we played at Tankersley. They lost 7 & 6 😁

51 minutes ago, Señor Sam said:

Hillsborough is also a great course, remember playing the Mackenzie brothers in a competition there ( one of them later turned pro and is still on the tour). Wind was howling like a bugger, we beat them and they said they'd get payback when we played at Tankersley. They lost 7 & 6 😁

I once smashed my umbrella up 10th at Grange Park for hitting a bad shot and it was weeing it down 

1 hour ago, Señor Sam said:

Wasn’t one of the mackenzies the club pro at hillsborough?

8 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Wasn’t one of the mackenzies the club pro at hillsborough?

There are 2 of them , Ian and Malcolm, I'd guess Ian was the pro at Hillsborough. Malcolm holds the record of playing for number of tournament before first win, 509. He played in the Seniors open last week but didn't make the cut. He also finished 5th in his only Open appearance. 

I made 2 Open appearances,

as a spectator. 

They were the best juniors in Sheffield at the time, hands down.

• Like 1