Most intimidating match day experience you've had?

Guest OwlPastie

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Whatever happened to Ricky. Dreadlocks chap, absolute screwball. Was prominent around the mid 90’s. Think he was from Doncaster. 

He was, shared a train home with him many a time, absolute fruit cake as you say, not seen him for years. 

I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if he was holidaying at Her Majesty’s pleasure but who knows. 

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

He was, shared a train home with him many a time, absolute fruit cake as you say, not seen him for years. 

I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if he was holidaying at Her Majesty’s pleasure but who knows. 

He always turned up at random games, alone. Seem to recall him nicking a coppers helmet at Oldham. Sure there was a story about a nasty incident with an Arsenal fan some years back. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Whatever happened to Ricky. Dreadlocks chap, absolute screwball. Was prominent around the mid 90’s. Think he was from Doncaster. 

Saw him the last season we where allowed in. He looked of his box on summat or other. Can't remember what game it was

45 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Yep was there. 

The train was literally steaming as loads of stripped males hung their super wet clothes from the overhead racks. Think we arrived back at Sheffield midland in the very early hours of Sunday morning.

Strange how the girls seemed reluctant to hang their clothes out to dry too! We had some nice totty following us in those days!

• Love 1

The problem with millwall and Wednesday fans seemed to start from when they came to Hillsboro late 70s … I think we won 4-1 …but the match will probably be more memorable because of  the endless fighting with the millwall fans … They took the kop early on ..which was un heard of in them days ….remember them doing “Kung fu” type kicks ..absolute nutters ……….but word got to the “Ozzie Owl “ club and loads of Wednesday fans came on the kop and it was full on fighting….. not this arms out jumping nowadays….millwall ended up having to get on the pitch… but then some jumped back on the kop to start again ..!!!……after that game …Millwall where after revenge … wherever Wednesday went down south .. millwall seemed to turn up ………….Sounds like a load of boll##ks to the younger fans now … but that’s exactly what it was like in them days …..football was cra# but the days out where fun !!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spion Kop said:

Quality picture, not many clubs would take or full a football special train to Cardiff for a night match from the North of England. 

Especially not on a rainy Tuesday night (look at the platforrm)!

9 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

The problem with millwall and Wednesday fans seemed to start from when they came to Hillsboro late 70s … I think we won 4-1 …but the match will probably be more memorable because of  the endless fighting with the millwall fans … They took the kop early on ..which was un heard of in them days ….remember them doing “Kung fu” type kicks ..absolute nutters ……….but word got to the “Ozzie Owl “ club and loads of Wednesday fans came on the kop and it was full on fighting….. not this arms out jumping nowadays….millwall ended up having to get on the pitch… but then some jumped back on the kop to start again ..!!!……after that game …Millwall where after revenge … wherever Wednesday went down south .. millwall seemed to turn up ………….Sounds like a load of boll##ks to the younger fans now … but that’s exactly what it was like in them days …..football was cra# but the days out where fun !!!!

When they went on the pitch they got to the edge of the penalty area and all sort of turned gave a chant of MIIILLLLWWALLL! and charged back onto the Kop for it all to kick off again for another few minutes.

Seem to recall two characters from that group, one was a tallish skinny guy but with a huge afro hairdo (although he was a white guy) and seemed to be their main man. Also, I think there was a West Indian guy in a full length black leather coat. They really were complete nutters.

Incidentally in those days we had a character named Geordie, anyone know what happened to him?

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

He was still getting to the odd games. He'd come and sit with me on the Cleethotpes train to Sheffield. Gets on at Donny and has the carriage in stiches.  When his missis is with him and they've had a few it's even better entertainment. He did have problems getting into games but saw him at Rotherham away a couple of seasons ago. A great character and always tells a good story.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

There was an incident with Millwall in the 80's where they stopped over in Sheffield one Saturday night and one of their fans died. Seem to remember there was a scrap outside The Mulberry and their fan tried to drop kick someone and cracked his head on the kerb. 

Just now, Utah Owl said:

When they went on the pitch they got to the edge of the penalty area and all sort of turned gave a chant of MIIILLLLWWALLL! and charged back onto the Kop for it all to kick off again for another few minutes.

Seem to recall two characters from that group, one was a tallish skinny guy but with a huge afro hairdo (although he was a white guy) and seemed to be their main man. Also, I think there was a West Indian guy in a full length black leather coat. They really were complete nutters.

Glad you witnessed it too mate ….Over time you start to think .. “Did that happen like I remember “😂……i was around 14 then …couldn’t believe it…….like I said in an earlier thread .. this was pre internet/ mobile phones days .. but I always thought millwall put it around that Wednesday fans were up for a scrap… especially around London clubs

13 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Incidentally in those days we had a character named Geordie, anyone know what happened to him?

Don’t know what happened to Geordie ….. but lads I knew … Fat sid…Bathtub .. Weeny etc have all passed away RIP……..Amongst the fans from them days ....these lads (RIP) where more famous than the players !!!!

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, Nut said:

There was an incident with Millwall in the 80's where they stopped over in Sheffield one Saturday night and one of their fans died. Seem to remember there was a scrap outside The Mulberry and their fan tried to drop kick someone and cracked his head on the kerb. 

That was United. 

26 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Glad you witnessed it too mate ….Over time you start to think .. “Did that happen like I remember “😂……i was around 14 then …couldn’t believe it…….like I said in an earlier thread .. this was pre internet/ mobile phones days .. but I always thought millwall put it around that Wednesday fans were up for a scrap… especially around London clubs

Here you go. Panorama documentary from 77 (2 years after the Hillsborough game) and some of those characters were definitely there. Pretty sure the Billy Powell guy was their leader (or at least the main protaganist) that day.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Don’t know what happened to Geordie ….. but lads I knew … Fat sid…Bathtub .. Weeny etc have all passed away RIP……..Amongst the fans from them days ....these lads (RIP) where more famous than the players !!!!

Agreed, mind you being more famous than the players in those days wasn't difficult.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Here you go. Panorama documentary from 77 (2 years after the Hillsborough game) and some of those characters were definitely there. Pretty sure the Billy Powell guy was their leader (or at least the main protaganist) that day.

Sorry Billy Plummer not Powell!

21 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

“DIRTY NORTHERN PONCE “..😂😂😂

1 hour ago, vulva said:

He nearly got us killed a few times at away games, this was 7 or 8 years ago

Loose cannon to say the least 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, vulva said:

He still goes...turned up in chap spoons b4 lockdown seeing if we had a spare seat...might have been Preston away

Guest The Claw
On 20/07/2021 at 16:52, lanzaroteowl said:

Around the time of the 'Harry the Dog' , 'F Troop' documentary 

treatment wore millwall variant covid masks on their heads