Most intimidating match day experience you've had?

Guest OwlPastie

Guest OwlPastie

I think I've been pretty lucky so far, to not have been caught up in much trouble at a match. 

Only a couple of occasions spring to mind where it felt like a dangerous situation.

Millwall at home a few years ago probably tops it. I was on the tram home when Millwall fans started breaking in all the windows, no police in sight. The tram was full of kids, and didn't seem like any of "our lot" that might welcome the trouble were on board. But I'm sure that's tame compared to what many of you have experienced, especially you that saw us through the 80s. 

Anyone got any horror stories? 

Guest OwlPastie
11 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

SYP logging into their Owlstalk account for the day.

"how do you do, fellow hooligans?"

You can have witnessed or been caught up in trouble without taking part in it. It's not meant to be a thread about the best scrap everyone has been in. 

Guest OwlPastie
3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

One time I had some Millwall fans trying to find me, can’t on earth remember why but basically was in toilet next minute about 5 of them come in, and they’re going ‘I can’t wait to find that Ellis Rimmer, I’m going to batter him etc’ luckily they didn’t know what I looked like.

so I went to wash my hands and the leader of their gang starts hassling me, he’s asking if I know Ellis Rimmer, then he wants to know who I am. I was crapping myself so gave him a fake name-Dorian, a name I’ve always admired despite it being a bit girly.
He lets me go but then my phone rang! Millwall fan goes to me “give me your phone” and he’s trying to catch me out, he answers phone and goes “who are you looking for”. I was thinking if they say Ellis Rimmer I am truly a goner.

Luckily it’s my best friend who i once told I like the name Dorian to and he said “I am looking for Dorian” and so Millwall left me to go on my way.

So you are saying Millwall fans go into toilets to try and find Rimmers? 

They missed that detail out in Football Factory. 

36 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I was at Charlton where we were playing and Millwall turned up and someone got stabbed with an ornamental sword...

That the cup game Dave?

Losing 2.0 and pulled one back 

Millwall on that big side terrace....bloody mental after the  game

One if my worst was Old Trafford after the Dambuster song got misinterpreted 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Millwall away in the league cup ‘75ish.  Absolutely terrifying.  

Been to Millwall about 5 times from the 70 s onwards...most intimidating place I've visited...but only had trouble once walking from London Bridge...its just the atmosphere of the place

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

One time I had some Millwall fans trying to find me, can’t on earth remember why but basically was in toilet next minute about 5 of them come in, and they’re going ‘I can’t wait to find that Ellis Rimmer, I’m going to batter him etc’ luckily they didn’t know what I looked like.

so I went to wash my hands and the leader of their gang starts hassling me, he’s asking if I know Ellis Rimmer, then he wants to know who I am. I was crapping myself so gave him a fake name-Dorian, a name I’ve always admired despite it being a bit girly.
He lets me go but then my phone rang! Millwall fan goes to me “give me your phone” and he’s trying to catch me out, he answers phone and goes “who are you looking for”. I was thinking if they say Ellis Rimmer I am truly a goner.

Luckily it’s my best friend who i once told I like the name Dorian to and he said “I am looking for Dorian” and so Millwall left me to go on my way.

Never thought I would see a Football Factory reference used on here. Fantastic work!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Did you get called a slagboat?

• Haha 3

I sat in the home stand at Elland Road when they beat us 3-0, then nearly got my head kicked in by a bunch of Wednesday fans on the train home, as they thought I was a Leeds fan.

I wasn't, but my two mates were. I was so close to throwing them to the wolves at one point, but they'd been nice enough about the game!

:duntmatter:

19 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Tuesday night Cup game?

Thinking on that would be more '77

Your probably right. We went drinking in the west end after and I’d have only been 17 in ‘75.