Darren Moore - SWFC Nowhere near finished putting squad together

32 minutes ago, s73owl said:

You sick f**k 

I meant I'd got a carton of Elmlea double at the back of the fridge, it'd take me a minute or two to find it out and lightly whip it

Some folk on here honestly 

lol

Yeah right!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

You have noticed how much business other clubs in league 1 have been doing? And that two of the league’s top goalscorers from last season Joe Pigott and Charlie Wyke have both signed for new clubs in our league in the last couple of weeks?

Here’s a full list of the ins and outs so far in league 1 this summer:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-8040208

Yes, I have.

As I said in my post why would a Pigott or a Wyke come to us when they have their pick of probably any team in this division? And maybe even a few in the division above?

Our hands are tied behind our back right now, it’s not like Moore or anyone at the club wouldn’t want all our players in already. It’s not that simple, I’m happy he’s not just signing any old dross just for the sake of it given the situation we’re in where we can’t afford to spend a penny on a new signing if we need to.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Still need four or five new additions.

We will see if we get them.

Oh I have no doubt we'll get them but they won't be what most on here are expecting or demanding. 

Just hope that DM is lucky in that they gel together as a team and quickly 🙏

On 20/07/2021 at 08:05, pat blondeau said:

We’ve lost 14 of the first team squad since last season:

Westwood, Odubajo, Penney, Lees, van Aken, Ozaze, Pelupessy, Shaw, Brown, Harris, Kachunga, Reach, Marriott and Rhodes.

And so far we’ve only brought in 3 replacements Brown, Adeniran and Shodipo.

Doesn't take Columbo to work out we’re short on numbers. And the season starts officially a week on Sunday 

We're also promoting some of the youth players, so I'm less worried. We are lacking a full back and a forward. Brennan is better than Van Aken, Hunt better than Pelupessy or Brown. We have two goalies and are clearly looking for another. Not time to panic yet.

We also have a decent-ish starting 11, so as long as we get bodies in before the end of the window we should be ok.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

We're also promoting some of the youth players, so I'm less worried. We are lacking a full back and a forward. Brennan is better than Van Aken, Hunt better than Pelupessy or Brown. We have two goalies and are clearly looking for another. Not time to panic yet.

We also have a decent-ish starting 11, so as long as we get bodies in before the end of the window we should be ok.

Dead or alive?

9 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

So we don't have a decent-ish starting 11?

I think we have a few uncertain weeks ahead TBH.

I think we’re stuck with Dawson and Wildsmith. No way will we be able to move either on this season. So we can’t afford to take up another place in the squad with another senior keeper. This particular sh!tshow is on Monk.

If Hunt signs, that means Palmer is on his way IMO. I don’t think we can afford to carry 2 senior right backs at this level.

Centre-Back wise I think we’re fine even if we lose Borner which seems likely.

I don’t want to see Bannan leave but it’s inevitable. We can’t carry his wage at this level and he’s far too good a player for it. Also I think we have to look to a future without him and this might as well be now.

Forward wise, we’re a mess. I don’t have confidence in either Windass or Paterson and we’re not going to be bringing in a striker that’s proven at any level IMO. I know people have scoffed at this already but Cadamarteri and Bonnington will be first team strikers before the season’s out.

I believe in Moore and none of this mess is on him but it won’t be long before there are Moore Out threads on here and I’m totally expecting one on August 1st never mind August 7th.

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, LoanRanger said:

Yes, I have.

As I said in my post why would a Pigott or a Wyke come to us when they have their pick of probably any team in this division? And maybe even a few in the division above?

Our hands are tied behind our back right now, it’s not like Moore or anyone at the club wouldn’t want all our players in already. It’s not that simple, I’m happy he’s not just signing any old dross just for the sake of it given the situation we’re in where we can’t afford to spend a penny on a new signing if we need to.

The nearer the season gets I fear we will end up signing ‘any old dross’..probly re-sign kachunga if he’s not fixed up at the moment

10 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

True, but are we actively trying to sign Christian players?  

There could be a theme going on. 

I think it happened with Moore at Doncaster, one example below. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-v-oxford-john-bostock-now-putting-his-faith-darren-moore-3126387%3famp

Not actively, but I think managers use any network at their disposal. Like when Wenger arrived and started signing lots of French players. If Moore knows lots of Christian players and they know him then it is more likely they will want to come and play for him than players who don't know him and he doesn't know them.

But not seen any suggestions of players being rejected because they aren't Christian. That would be highly illegal and also unlikely to happen at a football club where the owner isn't even Christian himself (as far as I'm aware?).

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Remember when the club did a big announcement that we had appointed a new COO to calm everyone down who were screaming for a CEO at the club to run things after all the madness we've had to endure?

Turns out to be someone already at the club who won't be doing any kind of a CEO job

lol

Proper funny that

Don't think anyone fell for that at all 🤣

Hardly the person with contacts, who knows how to negotiate a transfer.  We are literally run like a small business with no budget. Oh wait

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

what goes around comes around , back in the day we had no money and could only sign crap  freebies and just survived the drop ......46 years later we are in the same boat lets hope we get the same outcome .

It is remarkable how we had no money for decades then get bought by a billionaire and still have no money

...classic Wednesday 

• Like 4

On 20/07/2021 at 13:40, Gob_Bluth said:

Also it's a different market post COVID.

Wages will be lower due to lost income, the players everyone wants will have the pick of the teams on the better ends of the wage scales and everyone else who is trying to cut cloth accordingly will be fighting over the best of the rest

It's going to be hard and a real test of Moore's recruitment skills to get value out of the market right now.

I'm waiting for the last week of the window when we bring in 2 permanent signings and a cluster of 3/4 loans in and expect them all to hit the ground running at the last minute. 

11 hours ago, Jim said:

I think we have a few uncertain weeks ahead TBH.

I think we’re stuck with Dawson and Wildsmith. No way will we be able to move either on this season. So we can’t afford to take up another place in the squad with another senior keeper. This particular sh!tshow is on Monk.

If Hunt signs, that means Palmer is on his way IMO. I don’t think we can afford to carry 2 senior right backs at this level.

Centre-Back wise I think we’re fine even if we lose Borner which seems likely.

I don’t want to see Bannan leave but it’s inevitable. We can’t carry his wage at this level and he’s far too good a player for it. Also I think we have to look to a future without him and this might as well be now.

Forward wise, we’re a mess. I don’t have confidence in either Windass or Paterson and we’re not going to be bringing in a striker that’s proven at any level IMO. I know people have scoffed at this already but Cadamarteri and Bonnington will be first team strikers before the season’s out.

I believe in Moore and none of this mess is on him but it won’t be long before there are Moore Out threads on here and I’m totally expecting one on August 1st never mind August 7th.

A sadly accurate synopsis.

I take your point regarding the keepers but I’m fairly hopeful that DM will be working on bringing in somebody new for the start of the season. 
If we kicked off with keepers who can’t prevent goals and strikers who can’t score goals then it’s going to get messy .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

It is remarkable how we had no money for decades then get bought by a billionaire and still have no money

...classic Wednesday 

We have even less money to spend now than in the darkest days of Dave Allen and Bob's magic calculator.

At least back then we could shell out the odd £350k here and there for players under contract at other clubs...

• Like 1