Darren Moore - SWFC Nowhere near finished putting squad together

16 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Why is it every transfer window is seemingly not planned. Pathetic as last summer, probably worse would be the dealings to date. Would not be surprised if DM walked -I could not work for DC.

Football isn't like other businesses, you can't make plans :Chansiri:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, LoanRanger said:

Anyone see Portsmouth had to borrow a player from Bristol City in the second half of their match yesterday cause they didn’t have enough players (he scored the equaliser for them in a 3-3 draw). Can you imagine the absolute meltdown on here if that happened us?

Again, for fun, imagine you’re a striker with decent stats, you’ve scored 20 goals last season and 5/6 clubs are after you all expected to be near the top of the table, you’ve no affiliation to us, why are you signing with us? Answer: You’re not.

People need to temper their expectations. 90%+ of clubs won’t have most of their business done yet, this isn’t the Darren Moore’s fault.

You have noticed how much business other clubs in league 1 have been doing? And that two of the league’s top goalscorers from last season Joe Pigott and Charlie Wyke have both signed for new clubs in our league in the last couple of weeks?

Here’s a full list of the ins and outs so far in league 1 this summer:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-8040208

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

You have noticed how much business other clubs in league 1 have been doing? And that two of the league’s top goalscorers from last season Joe Pigott and Charlie Wyke have both signed for new clubs in our league in the last couple of weeks?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/league-one-transfer-window-2021-8040208

yes exactly. There are good players going to other teams in the same league as us. Really is pathetic how little business we have done. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Why is it every transfer window is seemingly not planned. Pathetic as last summer, probably worse would be the dealings to date. Would not be surprised if DM walked -I could not work for DC.

completely agree. The lack of planning yet again is a disgrace. 

Looking at some of the signings some clubs have made ,Are we expected to pay some of the dearest season tickets ,When i look at our squad as it stands ,No way will we be in the promotion shake up .Very  weak team we have at the moment ,Moore i think is doing his best but our beloved leader is not .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

We don't have the wherewithal to sign people who were the league's top goalscorers last year.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So we are in the bottom 4 in the league for signings in 22 ahead of Rotherham and Cheltenham.

lets hope that not where we finish come next May. 😁😁😁😁

Those clubs aren't under any restrictions imposed by the EFL. We are and therefore are severely disadvantaged when it comes to making signings, plus our reputation is damaged because we haven't been paying our players properly.

It's like talking to a brick wall on here at times, the message just doesn't seem to get through to most that Clueless has effectively destroyed our ability to compete at any level!

Until such time as he goes or we get extremely lucky and unearth the next Brian Clough, Bill Shankley or Alex Ferguson we are going precisely nowhere (except maybe further down the football pyramid).

P.S. I sincerely hope that I am made to eat my words at the end of the season with a very large slice of Humble Pie!

• Like 5

Is absolutely baffling as to why we’ve seemingly ground to an absolute halt after the flurry of last week. I would be expecting at least two in before this weekend, definitely by next Sunday’s game.

The more bizarre thing is there’s now more talk of outgoings than incomings. Considering we lost half our squad on July 1st, letting anyone go now just seems stupid. 

31 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

a very large slice of Humble Pie!

Do you want it with 

A) custard 

B) cream

C) ice cream 

Quick edit 

D) on it's own

Edited by s73owl
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Is absolutely baffling as to why we’ve seemingly ground to an absolute halt after the flurry of last week. I would be expecting at least two in before this weekend, definitely by next Sunday’s game.

The more bizarre thing is there’s now more talk of outgoings than incomings. Considering we lost half our squad on July 1st, letting anyone go now just seems stupid. 

FFS pay attention at the back of the class!

WE HAVE NO CHOICE!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Those clubs aren't under any restrictions imposed by the EFL. We are and therefore are severely disadvantaged when it comes to making signings, plus our reputation is damaged because we haven't been paying our players properly.

It's like talking to a brick wall on here at times, the message just doesn't seem to get through to most that Clueless has effectively destroyed our ability to compete at any level!

Until such time as he goes or we get extremely lucky and unearth the next Brian Clough, Bill Shankley or Alex Ferguson we are going precisely nowhere (except maybe further down the football pyramid).

P.S. I sincerely hope that I am made to eat my words at the end of the season with a very large slice of Humble Pie!

I think we all hope somewhere some of the poo he has through sticks to a wall but its unlikely.

We need a CEO to run the club but haven't got one, we need a director of football so we don't lose our best young players and we don't have 10+ players out of contract come May next year but we haven't one of those either, more importantly we need a director of youth development. We need to find a way to take those talented kids and turn them either into first team regulars or asset to sell on and a competent marketing manager to make sure the none playing parts of the club contribute to its up keep. None of these we currently have and with DC around its very unlikely.

But I have been shouted down this week for saying we are currently at bottom 8 team with the players and squad we have an injury or two and we will be in a relegation fight.   We need a decent keeper and a few decent strikers and if they don't come in I personally fear for back to back relegation chance. But what do I know I am just a fan.lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

We are the laughing stock of football. Players, managers, agents all talk to each other and the message will be, don't touch SWFC with a bargepole. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Er.....not that sort of cream!

You sick f**k 

I meant I'd got a carton of Elmlea double at the back of the fridge, it'd take me a minute or two to find it out and lightly whip it

Some folk on here honestly 

lol

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think we all hope somewhere some of the poo he has through sticks to a wall but its unlikely.

We need a CEO to run the club but haven't got one, we need a director of football so we don't lose our best young players and we don't have 10+ players out of contract come May next year but we haven't one of those either, more importantly we need a director of youth development. We need to find a way to take those talented kids and turn them either into first team regulars or asset to sell on and a competent marketing manager to make sure the none playing parts of the club contribute to its up keep. None of these we currently have and with DC around its very unlikely.

But I have been shouted down this week for saying we are currently at bottom 8 team with the players and squad we have an injury or two and we will be in a relegation fight.   We need a decent keeper and a few decent strikers and if they don't come in I personally fear for back to back relegation chance. But what do I know I am just a fan.lol

Nail on head with pretty much everything.

My concern is that DM seems to have a lot more input than previous managers but is operating with one (if not both) hand tied behind his back. Can't help but think that Clueless is looking for a scapegoat when things go wrong (it's his standard modus operandi anyway - you know, fans comments cost us major investment etc.) and in no way is DM to blame for any of our predicament.

Question is will the fans see it that way, sadly I sincerely doubt it and you can already see that developing with many of the comments on here.

Edited by Utah Owl

Remember when the club did a big announcement that we had appointed a new COO to calm everyone down who were screaming for a CEO at the club to run things after all the madness we've had to endure?

Turns out to be someone already at the club who won't be doing any kind of a CEO job

lol

Proper funny that

Don't think anyone fell for that at all 🤣

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop