Darren Moore - SWFC Nowhere near finished putting squad together

There's not much we'd all agree on, but I reckon most would think DM is spot on with this comment. It's the next questions I'm interested in, who, when etc. Times running out if we'd like to get them inducted correctly. Crack on Darren.

6 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Does DC have a say anymore, being as it looks like someone else is bank rolling the club.

Could it be that Darren Moore now owns the club? He's made more decisions since he's been here than Chansiri made in 6 years. 

• Haha 1

I like Darren. He’s always seemed like he was happy to be Sheffield Wednesday manager. 
But you can’t help but see him talk on camera now and he looks like a man who wishes he was somewhere else!

I worry about his talk of getting ‘bodies’ in. Not footballers. Just bodies. Like fûckin anyone who is daft enough sign for us. 

Can one of those ‘bodies’ be an actual Centre Forward please?? Go on. Just one. An actual striker? No? Fûckin forget then! We will just have to be the L1 Man City. Strikers are old fashioned anyway! 

11 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Has it been discussed how he seems to like to sign a few Christian players. 

(I’ve been off the site for a month or so) 

Loads of footballers are very Christian. I remember when Brazil last won the World Cup and all took their shirts off a dedicated the victory to Jesus. Or a few years later all started praying around David Luiz (perhaps praying that the comedy version of David Luiz didn't turn up). Or the England squad now with players like Sterling, Rashford and Saka who are all very Christian as well. Although there are quite a few high-profile Muslim players in the Prem these days too - Pogba, Salah, Mane, etc.

19 hours ago, Plonk said:

But of those, Westwood was frozen out, banjo Penney van akenbrown kachunga Marriott and Rhodes hardly played, and other than Ozaze and Shaw ( who played a handfull of games) the others were crap. Of the 14 there’s only two I would have kept and they were players of potential who will be lucky to play a couple of games next season at Celtic 

I never said they were decent and we were glad to see most of them go.

But (with Borner aswell now) it’s 15 players that have left the club this summer that played first team football last season and were in and around the first team squad.

And so far we’ve brought in 3 replacements. The under 23s finished bottom of their league too last year so it’s asking a lot to expect the youth to step up to first team level 

Anyone see Portsmouth had to borrow a player from Bristol City in the second half of their match yesterday cause they didn’t have enough players (he scored the equaliser for them in a 3-3 draw). Can you imagine the absolute meltdown on here if that happened us?

90% of clubs won’t have most of their business done yet, this isn’t the club or Darren Moore’s fault. Again, for fun, imagine you’re a striker with decent stats, 

2 minutes ago, LoanRanger said:

Anyone see Portsmouth had to borrow a player from Bristol City in the second half of their match yesterday cause they didn’t have enough players (he scored the equaliser for them in a 3-3 draw). Can you imagine the absolute meltdown on here if that happened us?

90% of clubs won’t have most of their business done yet, this isn’t the club or Darren Moore’s fault. Again, for fun, imagine you’re a striker with decent stats, 

Again, for fun, imagine you’re a striker with decent stats, you’ve scored 20 goals last season and 5/6 clubs are after you all expected to be near the top of the table, you’ve no affiliation to us, why are you signing with us? Answer: You’re not.

People need to temper their expectations. 90%+ of clubs won’t have most of their business done yet, this isn’t the Darren Moore’s fault.

11 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Loads of footballers are very Christian. I remember when Brazil last won the World Cup and all took their shirts off a dedicated the victory to Jesus. Or a few years later all started praying around David Luiz (perhaps praying that the comedy version of David Luiz didn't turn up). Or the England squad now with players like Sterling, Rashford and Saka who are all very Christian as well. Although there are quite a few high-profile Muslim players in the Prem these days too - Pogba, Salah, Mane, etc.

True, but are we actively trying to sign Christian players?  

There could be a theme going on. 

I think it happened with Moore at Doncaster, one example below. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-v-oxford-john-bostock-now-putting-his-faith-darren-moore-3126387%3famp