Sky sports news - Barry Bannan on his way for £1 Million

Guest OwlPastie

Absolute madness if so. 

Chansiri just change our name to Charity FC and have done with it if you're gonna keep giving away players. 

Edited by OwlPastie

i mean if he does have a 1mil clause in it, clearly it was put in there so he would sign a new contract. So at least we will be getting something, compared to the nothing we would have got if we hadn't put it in and he walked for free

2 minutes ago, OwlPastie said:

Absolute madness if so. 

Chansiri just change our name to Charity FC and have done with it if you're gonna keep giving away players. 

Think it was quite obvious there would be a release clause in his contract if we were to go down. He wouldn’t have signed it otherwise 

• Like 4

I can’t see it being true. I remember after the contract was signed he confirmed there was no release clause in his contract. Pretty sure if it was 1 million there would have been way more interest and wouldn’t still be here in July. 

The £1m clause was probably inserted by Bannan/his agent for the eventuality of us getting relegated.

This is probably why he signed the contract extension at a time when it made no sense to do so. 

He was always likely to leave and it is now £1m rather than nothing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What Sky wrote....

BANNAN ATTRACTING INTEREST

Brentford and Swansea lead a number of clubs interested in signing Barry Bannan, according to Sky Sports News.

The Sheffield Wednesday captain is likely to leave Hillsborough this summer due to a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for £1m following relegation to League One.

Brentford attempted to sign the midfielder last year but Wednesday turned down their offer.

• Thanks 1