FM22 - (Pre-Release)

Morepork

8 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

You've got me going with York as well actually. Like them anyway and they're an FM favourite from previous years as well. Going to start a new save. 

My one big complaint from this years game - the region faces are absolutely hideous. I'm loving this years game and not really sure what upgrades I'd actively be looking for in FM23, but a total overhaul of the region face graphics might just do it. 

Yeah I do agree on the regen faces, they aren't great.

Have to agree I am enjoying it a lot, one big thing I'd chance is the set piece screen, it hasn't changed for a good few years now and I don't think its as in depth as it could be. If you ever played Championship Manager 2010 (not many did) but that had a brilliant set piece creator where you could actually watch them on training ground practicing them, I'd like something like that, wouldn't have to be in depth. Even if they utilised the screen they have on the tactics page that show you how a system or a position works.

I think it's hard for FM now with 'big features' as often the things that really make the game tick over and really fun are smaller things that wouldn't grab the headlines.

Agree. As someone who hasn't played these games for a few years but followed the lead up to this years game quite closely, there are definitely people out there clamouring for big headline features to be announced - but I'm not sure what those are.

Stuff like the Data Hub, dev centre, transfer deadline day etc.. they might only be repackaging things into a more engaging view, but I love those features. Data in particular feels like the next big step for the series I think. I'd like them to move away from 1-20 attributes entirely but appreciate that might not be popular or realistic. 

14 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Agree. As someone who hasn't played these games for a few years but followed the lead up to this years game quite closely, there are definitely people out there clamouring for big headline features to be announced - but I'm not sure what those are.

Stuff like the Data Hub, dev centre, transfer deadline day etc.. they might only be repackaging things into a more engaging view, but I love those features. Data in particular feels like the next big step for the series I think. I'd like them to move away from 1-20 attributes entirely but appreciate that might not be popular or realistic. 

I don't think they ever will move away from 1-20 attributes, probably way too much work for them even if the wanted to. I have thought about the realism of them in the past though. It does seem quite an odd way to determine how good a footballer is at something to give him a score out of 20.

Take long shots for example, if a player has say 15 for long shots but 99% of the long shots he's put on target were against teams who don't close him down well then it's a bit of a skewed stat isn't it? Or heading, a player might be amazing at defensive headers but would never score from a corner.

That or I've just over thought it haha.