FM22 - (Pre-Release)

Morepork

22 hours ago, Night King said:

Just be careful with long beta saves. My main save last season got ruined and I never got back into it. 

18 hours ago, neo hippy said:

Yeah I've seen that mentioned elsewhere too

Going to play with Wednesday for the beta then a long term save once it's fully released 

Glad I read this c. 10 hours into my beta save with Brackley and not 110 hours lol 

• Haha 1

The ME will change when the full release comes out, one of the reasons I'm not bothering with the Beta. Plus looking through the SI forums there are plenty of bugs and data issues to be addressed. 

Edited by Morepork

Well on the one hand I'm stuck at home with Covid, but on the other hand I'm stuck at home with FM22!

Got it on Game Pass, had a short time on it on the Xbox last night but it just seems hideously clunky on the console so I think I'll just stick to the laptop version. I didn't play for long enough to unlock any achievements so can just "hide" it on my gamercard. 

Started with Wednesday just to check what we're like (on the console there doesn't seem to be any way to preview club squads, finances etc without actually picking that club and starting the game). Was a bit miffed that it started with Adeniran and Kamberi out injured for 2 months from the off (not sure if that was just random in my game or if it's set that way, but it had Windass and Luongo's real life injuries set up).

I don't really like starting with Wednesday until I get a feel for the new game anyway, I like to start in nin-league so I'll probably start afresh and make Notts County or Torquay great again. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Well on the one hand I'm stuck at home with Covid, but on the other hand I'm stuck at home with FM22!

Got it on Game Pass, had a short time on it on the Xbox last night but it just seems hideously clunky on the console so I think I'll just stick to the laptop version. I didn't play for long enough to unlock any achievements so can just "hide" it on my gamercard. 

Started with Wednesday just to check what we're like (on the console there doesn't seem to be any way to preview club squads, finances etc without actually picking that club and starting the game). Was a bit miffed that it started with Adeniran and Kamberi out injured for 2 months from the off (not sure if that was just random in my game or if it's set that way, but it had Windass and Luongo's real life injuries set up).

I don't really like starting with Wednesday until I get a feel for the new game anyway, I like to start in nin-league so I'll probably start afresh and make Notts County or Torquay great again. 

I'd like the Xbox and Switch versions of FM to become successful enough that it's worth SI properly tailoring them to console controls. And by that I mean essentially remaking LMA Manager. That game mastered a football management game control scheme way back on PS1 yet hasn't been seen since. 

Still, it's cool those versions exist. "Hideously clunky" is exactly how I'd describe playing them but at least they're there. It'll always be a laptop game for me. 

I'm waiting for an update to enable the English lower leagues as I want to start below Step 6. Sounds like they might have already had it out if the pre-game editor actually worked properly, which is annoying. Hopefully it won't take too long to fix. 

Well this is all a bit easy.

4-3-3 luongo defensive midfilder, Sow and Johnson on wings.

BPF

Hunt Iorfa Dunkley Palmer

Luongo

Bannan      Wing

Sow                 Johnson

Gregory

Vertical tika-taka with high pressing.

9 league games 9 wins 7 points clear at the top, through to 4th round of league cup.

Sold Dele-Bishiru to Newcastle for £4.2million plus got a cash injection from Chansiri, that took my transfer budget upto £2million but only signed Rafferty as back up right back from Preston.

Looks like I'll have to play on clunky Xbox after all,  as Game Pass for PC  refuses to let me install any games onto my laptop for some reason. It did last time I used it which would have been last year, apparently it's a known issue but none of the workarounds I've found online seem to make any difference. 

I could just buy the PC/Steam version but I'm too tight to do that when I should be able to play it for free! 

On 11/11/2021 at 12:26, alanharper said:

Looks like I'll have to play on clunky Xbox after all,  as Game Pass for PC  refuses to let me install any games onto my laptop for some reason. It did last time I used it which would have been last year, apparently it's a known issue but none of the workarounds I've found online seem to make any difference. 

I could just buy the PC/Steam version but I'm too tight to do that when I should be able to play it for free! 

Have you refreshed or restored the laptop at all and had to reinstall Windows?, whilst still having the old installs of Game Pass games on there?

Then let me tell you a story 🙂

I had that issue on my pc, I've got 3 drives in the desktop, 1 system drive for windows, 1 gaming ssd for the things I want quicker loading  and one normal HDD for game i'm not that bothered about the "extra" ssd speed .

My old system drive died so I replaced it and reinstalled windows and a brand new SSD thinking I could just reinstall Steam/Game Pass/Epic etc and it would pickup the game installation paths previously as the data was still on the other 2 hard drives.

Steam was fine it recognises the stuff that was installed as was the Epic Launcher, but Game Pass, oooooooh nooooo, it won't recognise a drive that Game Pass has already had Game Pass games downloaded and installed on, it wouldn't let me install anything to that drive until I'd completely formatted it and started from scratch. 

Had to do some right messing around moving massive Steam & Epic folders between drives, to format the drive, then move them back again.  It shouldnt be that hard 🤣

Nothing's changed on the laptop, I don't even use it much, played FM21 last year for a bit and it was fine then, but now the Xbox app (tried reinstalling) won't install any Game Pass games at all, not just FM, it just won't find or let me select a drive to install it to. As I said there are some workarounds I found online but they've made no difference. 

This is why I gave up gaming on PC and switched to consoles, just way too much hassle! 

Yet to play a competitive game but unbeaten in pre-season including victories over Man City and Chelsea. Set pieces are ridiculously easy to exploit. Big man at the back post, deep cross and it causes chaos every time.

255403028_1104177563695611_2180349467659648407_n.png

Started with the Owls

Top of the league after about 6 games, won every game scoring at least 3. Patterson is a beast in game at League 1 level, as is Gibson, sent BPF back to Burnley, sod paying 25k a week to a keeper when Wildsmith is competent and Dawson can be recalled as a backup

It's the first FM i've played in a good few years and seems a lot more user friendly these days than it was.

That said I don't feel like I'm complete control of what I'm doing, in regards to transfers etc, guess that will come with familiarity