FM22 - (Pre-Release)

Morepork

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Day 1 release on Game Pass, lovely.

I can't imagine playing it on console, even though that'd probably suit me better as my laptop isn't great, so will probably still go for the PC version. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near as much time to play as I did in the late 90s golden era, but I'll give it a shot.

I've played a few of the "other" versions of FM throughout my absence from the main game, including the Xbox version. 

They're all.. fine. They're just not the full fat FM experience. Even on a slower laptop is a preferable experience to the Xbox version. 

Part 2. Covering transfer deadline day changes and staff meetings. Underwhelming, essentially just a UI change on both counts. I was hoping to see staff members acting with more intelligence....in particular the DOF but no evidence of that. 

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Part 2. Covering transfer deadline day changes and staff meetings. Underwhelming, essentially just a UI change on both counts. I was hoping to see staff members acting with more intelligence....in particular the DOF but no evidence of that. 

****VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED****SOME CHRIS WILDER CONTENT MAY CAUSE DISTRESS****

I like these 2 videos. Said this before but the features they’ve announced so far really drill into how I envisage myself playing the game this year. Even if it’s just a UI change, anything that puts more emphasis on data, back room staff etc is going to be a win I think. 

14 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

****VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED****SOME CHRIS WILDER CONTENT MAY CAUSE DISTRESS****

I like these 2 videos. Said this before but the features they’ve announced so far really drill into how I envisage myself playing the game this year. Even if it’s just a UI change, anything that puts more emphasis on data, back room staff etc is going to be a win I think. 

Thanks for adding the Wilder warning.....I really should have considered the health implications before posting!! 😂

• Haha 1

The main save I want to start with this year needs the editor to enable English leagues below Step 6, so I’m running a Beta save as HSV.

Enjoying the game a lot. It feels like there is a TON of additional context and flavour to communication within the game, lots of ways to influence people etc. Having fun tinkering with my system as well. Had to start with a wide centre back system.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

All I've seen on twitter is people saying they're going to manage Newcastle.

How incredibly original eh?

I'm taking the moral high ground on this one..... no way I could be a geordie!! 

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

The beauty of FM is you can play it however you like, but I must admit, that stuff isn’t for me either anymore. 

I’ve already found a way to hide the attributes. My priority for this years game is to start low down the pyramid, carry one save through the whole year, and put my trust and faith in the data, analytics and scouting etc rather than looking at attributes. Also going to avoid using any downloaded tactics etc. Not even fussed if that doesn’t lead to any success.. just want to see how I get on. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

The beauty of FM is you can play it however you like, but I must admit, that stuff isn’t for me either anymore. 

I’ve already found a way to hide the attributes. My priority for this years game is to start low down the pyramid, carry one save through the whole year, and put my trust and faith in the data, analytics and scouting etc rather than looking at attributes. Also going to avoid using any downloaded tactics etc. Not even fussed if that doesn’t lead to any success.. just want to see how I get on. 

Of course, I was being slightly flippant haha.

The key point of any game is to be fun to play, if that's what floats peoples boat then fair play. It was for me one upon a time but I'm more like yourself now and long term and creating some kind of story.

11 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

Can beta saves carry on into the main game?

I've read they can although you'll potentially be missing any database alterations they make in the period between and there are generally quite a few. 

13 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I booted it up last night... With Newcastle.

Only to see what kind of budget they get and a little poke around.

£200+ mil they start with.

Will start a Sheff Wed save when it's fully released. 

1 hour ago, Night King said:

Just be careful with long beta saves. My main save last season got ruined and I never got back into it. 

Im not even playing the game until full release this year, first time. I’ve loaded it up and had a quick look then turned it off, I can wait.

3 hours ago, Night King said:

Just be careful with long beta saves. My main save last season got ruined and I never got back into it. 

Yeah I've seen that mentioned elsewhere too

Going to play with Wednesday for the beta then a long term save once it's fully released