FM22 - (Pre-Release)

Morepork

On 28/08/2021 at 10:15, Morepork said:

I’ve thought about what would happen if I didn’t play for a few years but I’d be worried about taking it all in again…….what a daunting game to start from scratch! You can buy the editor for a few quid. 

I’m daunted by jumping back into FM22 but the prospect is quite exciting. The way I’m going to approach is to essentially hit the reset button on what I know about playing these games and learn as much as I can from scratch. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I really love the appeal of using a skin that hides the player stats, and I’m going to try and learn how the scouting, training, coaching etc really works from the ground up. 

Would love to carry a single save from the start of this game until FM23 too, but we’ll see how that goes.

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’m daunted by jumping back into FM22 but the prospect is quite exciting. The way I’m going to approach is to essentially hit the reset button on what I know about playing these games and learn as much as I can from scratch. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I really love the appeal of using a skin that hides the player stats, and I’m going to try and learn how the scouting, training, coaching etc really works from the ground up. 

Would love to carry a single save from the start of this game until FM23 too, but we’ll see how that goes.

I can see the appeal in all of that. One thing I’m definitely going to do is play slower.

Think I said previously that hopefully Si will expand on the analysis tools and metrics in FM22 to make this a bit more user friendly.

If You are a bit of a geek and have the time I made some of my own metrics visualisations following this guys website and video.

Officially announced and the pre-order is live, lads. November 9th. 

£35.99 on Steam, 10% discount and 2 week Early Access if you pre-order.

I've literally never pre-ordered a game before just for the sake of early access, but my hype is through the roof to play some FM this year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It’s so SI to announce the game and follow it up with tumbleweed……

It does seem late this year in terms of feature announcements. Off the top of my head we normally get things announced in late August.

17 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It does seem late this year in terms of feature announcements. Off the top of my head we normally get things announced in late August.

I think when they announced they said more details in late September so I was expecting stuff to trickle out this week. Be interesting to see what they add/tweak it won’t be anything huge, it never is…..

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I think when they announced they said more details in late September so I was expecting stuff to trickle out this week. Be interesting to see what they add/tweak it won’t be anything huge, it never is…..

One thing I'd like to see them do is a re work of the set piece screen. It's so basic, seen quite a few people saying it's something they'd like some focus on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

One thing I'd like to see them do is a re work of the set piece screen. It's so basic, seen quite a few people saying it's something they'd like some focus on. 

I've heard a few youtubers mention that I think it may be on the cards, lets face it, it's years over due, does my head in.

I'd love to see more work done around recruitment and scouting, I'm optimistic for this. Things like the DOF suggesting players that don't marry with the boards/club recruitment strategy drive me insane. Would also like to see more analytics and data added but no so optimistic on this as they had the guy that does it on The Football Manager podcast and he said people should suggest it on the forum when asked about it......unless it was a bluff. 

Edited by Morepork

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

I've heard a few youtubers mention that I think it may be on the cards, lets face it, it's years over due, does my head in.

I'd love to see more work done around recruitment and scouting, I'm optimistic for this. Things like the DOF suggesting players that don't marry with the boards/club recruitment strategy drive me insane. Would also like to see more analytics and data added but no so optimistic on this as they had the guy that does it on The Football Manager podcast and he said people should suggest it on the forum when asked about it......unless it was a bluff. 

Yeah, with analytics and data they probably are limited by budget, can only do so much really.

I think one thing that does need improving is the general in-game intelligence, for example games being selected for TV. If there's a promotion race going on in the Championship and it's February say and the teams in 1st and 2nd were playing each other, I think it's safe to assume that game would be selected for TV coverage, but that isn't reflected in the game and it gets worse as you go further into it. It was something I put on the SI forum a couple of years ago now and it's not got any better (not suggesting my putting it on there would have changed anything haha).

Oh and stadiums need improving because some of them look really really bad.

Even for an early snippet there’s a fair bit there that speaks to me. Mentioned previously that I want to dive straight into FM as soon as one of the skins that removes the stats is available, and better back room staff relationships and data are big improvements to that style of play. Would like to see the option to hide the stats by default out of the gate in future.

Data Centre - Great News

WIde Centre Back - Interesting

Couldn't catch too many details about recruitment but it did suggest more interaction with the DOF and the ability to align searches and suggestions with the clubs transfer policy/philosophy. 

Looks promising.

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Did they? Seen a few things on twitter over the last few days suggesting it would be in FM22.

Here mate, I think when they announced their intention to include womens football a few months ago they weren't perhaps as clear as they could have been.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/555315-how-were-introducing-womens-football-into-football-manager/

This reads like they are only at the beginning of what is obviously a lengthy project. I think, when it reaches the point at which its going to be included it will be shouted from the rooftops, no way its in this years edition with no mention on the first features preview.

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

Day 1 release on Game Pass, lovely.

I can't imagine playing it on console, even though that'd probably suit me better as my laptop isn't great, so will probably still go for the PC version. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near as much time to play as I did in the late 90s golden era, but I'll give it a shot.