Jump to content

FM22 - (Pre-Release)


Morepork
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 15/08/2021 at 10:16, sheffield_dave said:

Thanks guys. Will go there. I don’t mind paying for a membership given how much these things enhance a game that I’m likely to spend a few hundred hours with..

 

Remember to cancel after you've got what you need, or pay for 5 years running like *someone* did without a new game. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's pretty much my speciality with subscriptions..

 

Any of you ever tried a skin that blocks out the attributes? I didn't even know that was a thing, but apparently it is and it seems a bit of a game changer. People recommend them for "Moneyball" saves and it also puts a greater reliance on you monitoring actual data, trusting scouts and coaches etc, instead of just "this guys got a shot stat of 15 instead of 14.. I'll sign him" or whatever.. which is how I've approached the game for 20 years. 

 

Really want to give one a go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 18/08/2021 at 04:09, sheffield_dave said:

That's pretty much my speciality with subscriptions..

 

Any of you ever tried a skin that blocks out the attributes? I didn't even know that was a thing, but apparently it is and it seems a bit of a game changer. People recommend them for "Moneyball" saves and it also puts a greater reliance on you monitoring actual data, trusting scouts and coaches etc, instead of just "this guys got a shot stat of 15 instead of 14.. I'll sign him" or whatever.. which is how I've approached the game for 20 years. 

 

Really want to give one a go.


Ive not used one but there are a couple around I think. Look on Sortitoutsi and Fmscout in the skins section.

 

I’ve been keen to try this also but currently I don’t fully trust the FM analytics nor do I think they are as comprehensive as they could be. That may change in the next release. My personal favourite skin is the Flut Skin, it’s really well supported and this year he actually did 16 revisions with improvement over the course of the release and he answered all queries and mod requests.

Edited by Morepork
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Morepork said:

I’m seriously considering breaking my self imposed rule and playing as Wednesday……we meet a lot of the criteria I look for atm.

Same here.

I've never started as us before as I like to build up to it and earn it. But this situation is usually one that I go for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, markg said:

Same here.

I've never started as us before as I like to build up to it and earn it. But this situation is usually one that I go for.


Exactly the same, big club, a couple of leagues to climb through to reach the top flight and ideally a club that I can at least imagine reaching the pinnacle should I be successful…….the last one might be a stretch but you never know. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what’s the deal now then? 
 

Release will be November-ish, right? When can we expect the reveal?

 

I’ve only had a few years off despite playing it every year for nearly 2 decades, and have followed Miles Jacobson/FM on Twitter even when I’ve not been playing it, yet these details slip my mind every year. Itching for some info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

So what’s the deal now then? 
 

Release will be November-ish, right? When can we expect the reveal?

 

I’ve only had a few years off despite playing it every year for nearly 2 decades, and have followed Miles Jacobson/FM on Twitter even when I’ve not been playing it, yet these details slip my mind every year. Itching for some info.


Release will most likely be end of 2nd or 3rd week of Nov, last year was a little later on 24th. Headline features generally quite late in the piece from memory, expect those in the 3-4 weeks leading up to release.

Edited by Morepork
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this years.

I hardly played FM21 - Probably my first FM I have not religiously played in over a decade.

Was no reason other than I never found the time or had other games to play.

 

Really looking forward to playing with this Wednesday side, on paper it has some great players for League One and all a good age too.

Past years in L1 we had some right dross and over the hill players you needed to replace right away!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stopped playing FM21 months ago. I keep firing it up, looking at the screen for an hour then turning it off…….need to hold out for FM22. Build the tension!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I stopped playing FM21 months ago. I keep firing it up, looking at the screen for an hour then turning it off…….need to hold out for FM22. Build the tension!! 

To be fair with all the new transfers about there are going to be some clubs that are going to be really good to manage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

To be fair with all the new transfers about there are going to be some clubs that are going to be really good to manage.


Definitely. I’ve started a list!!! Usually that’s the most difficult thing for me, finding a club/scenario I can buy into. Definitely breaking my rule and doing a Wednesday save though, feels right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:


Definitely. I’ve started a list!!! Usually that’s the most difficult thing for me, finding a club/scenario I can buy into. Definitely breaking my rule and doing a Wednesday save though, feels right.

Like I said, it's the lure of that Papa John's trophy run.

lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

I stopped playing FM21 months ago. I keep firing it up, looking at the screen for an hour then turning it off…….need to hold out for FM22. Build the tension!! 

I am like that but it's because it's overwhelming after not playing it for a few years. I understand there are simpler mobile versions but seems like a kop out lol 

When I have played in recent years I am more doing stuff like messing with the editor, creating scenarios and seeing how it plays out but that doesn't get included with the game anymore 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I am like that but it's because it's overwhelming after not playing it for a few years. I understand there are simpler mobile versions but seems like a kop out lol 

When I have played in recent years I am more doing stuff like messing with the editor, creating scenarios and seeing how it plays out but that doesn't get included with the game anymore 


I’ve thought about what would happen if I didn’t play for a few years but I’d be worried about taking it all in again…….what a daunting game to start from scratch! You can buy the editor for a few quid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Morepork said:


I’ve thought about what would happen if I didn’t play for a few years but I’d be worried about taking it all in again…….what a daunting game to start from scratch! You can buy the editor for a few quid. 

Yeh just seems a bit weird spending £30 to make a Chilavert type goalkeeper on steroids and see how many goals he can score in none league and how far a none league club can rise with an amazing keeper lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...