FM22 - (Pre-Release)

Morepork

Ok, two big questions about the next release of the game.

Firstly, what features would you like to see added to the game or changed?

and

What team(s) are you going to be starting your save with? Last years points deduction saw Wednesday feature on many FM related websites as a suggestion for a challenging save, we’re probably going to see that repeated this year following our relegation. Personally, I don’t play us, it’s too depressing and it feels unrealistic if you do well……..

• Haha 1

Juventus are one I'd like to do next season. Bit of a medium term save, try and make them the dominant force in Europe.

Maybe someone in Germany as well like a Werder Bremen or Hamburg as well and I've always liked the idea of a Swedish club or possibly Denmark.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

So it’s official. First new feature we know is coming, women’s football. Thoughts? Will you play it?

The purists will like that as it seems more logical that an unknown could get a job in the women's game and try to make the switch to men's football.

I think a director of football/chairman mode would be good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

So it’s official. First new feature we know is coming, women’s football. Thoughts? Will you play it?

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be honest. Thought it'd have come in a few years back.

It's like any other league/competition really for me, I might play it, I might not. Won't be the first thing I do though.

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The purists will like that as it seems more logical that an unknown could get a job in the women's game and try to make the switch to men's football.

I think a director of football/chairman mode would be good

I do agree on that, they'll never do it though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be honest. Thought it'd have come in a few years back.

It's like any other league/competition really for me, I might play it, I might not. Won't be the first thing I do though.

Same here, it will introduce new people to the game, database size and available leagues will determine when/if I play it. Like @Ellis Rimmer said, it’d probs be a starting point of a save that ended up in the men’s game for me. I’m interested to see the mechanics of it, player ratings etc.  Could be contentious.

Edited by Morepork

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Same here, it will introduce new people to the game, database size and available leagues will determine when/if I play it. Like @Ellis Rimmer said, it’d probs be a starting point of a save that ended up in the men’s game for me. I’m interested to see the mechanics of it, player ratings etc.  Could be contentious.

Yeah indeed. It's a good step for me, I remember Miles Jacobson saying a few times that they'd do it when attendances for women's matches reached the level of the men's Championship. It always seemed to be like an impossible requirement and thus them just not wanting to do it.

Glad they've decided to do it, will be interesting to see how it all works.

2 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I mean, as long as you can turn it off.

My PC can only handle so many players in the database as it is, and I would prefer them to be ones that I can interact with.

It’ll be in the nations/leagues selector I would think. 

Including the women's game is a great addition I think. 

In terms of starting a save, I'd probably start with Wednesday this time around. I never normally start with us as I see it as something to aim for, but I'd have to start really low to see joining us as a huge progression 🙂 

• Like 1

I didn’t have FM21 due to my laptop breaking but today I’ve ordered a new one. I’m not clued up on the terminology but think what I’ve bought is sufficient to run the game. Advice would be welcome:

HP pavilion 14
Intel core i7
Storage: 512gb ssd 
RAM: 16 gb

1 hour ago, jsmith1987 said:

I didn’t have FM21 due to my laptop breaking but today I’ve ordered a new one. I’m not clued up on the terminology but think what I’ve bought is sufficient to run the game. Advice would be welcome:

HP pavilion 14
Intel core i7
Storage: 512gb ssd 
RAM: 16 gb

I have bought a very similar laptop within the last two weeks, an HP with that amount of RAM and storage (no idea on the exact processor chip, but I have an I7 too).

FM21 works very well on mine... because you don't seem to have a graphics card the game will recommend you use the lowest graphic settings, but an I7 chip will have plenty of power inside it to run the game smoothly at medium or high graphics settings. And as we all know, we don't play FM for the graphics... it runs fast even with ~50k players loaded. You'll be reyt!

• Like 1

I’ve been out of the loop with FM for a while, but I’ve got a craving for it again. Going to wait until FM22 rather than bother with 21 at this stage, but where are the best resources for the logo packs, kits and player pics etc these days?

Some of the sites I used to use either don’t seem to exist anymore or have become really fussy with what they host for download.

25 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’ve been out of the loop with FM for a while, but I’ve got a craving for it again. Going to wait until FM22 rather than bother with 21 at this stage, but where are the best resources for the logo packs, kits and player pics etc these days?

Some of the sites I used to use either don’t seem to exist anymore or have become really fussy with what they host for download.

Hey mate, I would spend a tenner and join sortitoutsi.

Everything you need is on there and if your a member the download speeds are faster.

I use, facepack, logos, flut skin, pitch textures, player database, balls, 2d kits, 3D kits and other realism mods.

Ah, Sortitoutsi still the best place? Interesting, I recall looking there and thinking it didn’t seem to have everything, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Do you get more options if you’re a member? 

I don’t think so, just fastest downloads and no ads, worth it as the facepack is about 20GB. You can find logos and other mods on other sites like fmscout. The faces is a clincher for me though it’s the biggest and I prefer cutout faces over card types.

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

Hey mate, I would spend a tenner and join sortitoutsi.

Everything you need is on there and if your a member the download speeds are faster.

I use, facepack, logos, flut skin, pitch textures, player database, balls, 2d kits, 3D kits and other realism mods.

Fully 2nd this. Well worth the money and you can tell they do genuinely care about what they put out there for people to download.

• Like 1