FIFA experimenting with new game system

Hi FIFA how about you sort the corruption out in football?

Stop the monopoly of 6 or 7 teams over the whole of football?

Get financial fair play rules that work for every team not just those with the biggest turnover?

Why not stop teams circumventing the rules by offering bonuses through commercial deals?

Why not stop the issue with VAR spoiling football and adopt the rugby union video assistance rules, just for the key calls not every call?

Why dont you help out all the football clubs struggling to survive because of covid?

Why dont you kick racism out of football?

Why dont you stop players cheating with retrospective bans for significant length?

But no lets focus on making the game America, maybe the players can wear body pads, have double points if they score in the corners, and get that advertising revenue up with all the breaks in play.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Serious question, why would it

I find teams that push up to the half way line to play offside boring

If the keeper can't come out and sweep up they wouldn't be allowed to do that

I'd also like to see opposition players barred from standing on top of the keeper at corners

Because keepers should come out and clean up, keepers being able to use their feet to play football is good. Stopping them from doing that will go back to the dark ages of pass backs.

I believe that throw-ins being throw-ins was one of the innovations of the Sheffield rules. 

Before, most areas played a ball in touch from the feet (more of a territory-minded game). The throw-in aspect of the Sheffield rules were preferred because it discouraged playing for touch. 

Pretty funny/interesting then that Fifa are looking to go backwards in that respect. 

4 hours ago, shez owl said:

Instead of stopping clock every time it goes out just do what rugby league does, have a game clock that everyone can see and ref indicates to official in stand to stop it. It’s simple 

... backed up by half-time and full-time that can only be called when the ball goes next out of play.

Should get points awarded from scoring from different parts of the pitch.  Only one point from scoring a header in the six yard box, but three points when scored from the 30 yard line.

I can agree with the clock stopping argument as it would cut out time wasting. Seem to recall that at the 94 World Cup the TV coverage actually did this to check exactly how long the ball was in play and it came out at about 30 minutes anyway.

So if it cuts out time wasting great provided it isn't used as an excuse to cut to a commercial break just to satisfy corporate America. 

As for the sin bin good idea but the penalty should be 10 or 15 minutes.

The rest of the changes, forget it, not needed.

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I can agree with the clock stopping argument as it would cut out time wasting. Seem to recall that at the 94 World Cup the TV coverage actually did this to check exactly how long the ball was in play and it came out at about 30 minutes anyway.

So if it cuts out time wasting great provided it isn't used as an excuse to cut to a commercial break just to satisfy corporate America. 

As for the sin bin good idea but the penalty should be 10 or 15 minutes.

The rest of the changes, forget it, not needed.

If USA wanna fizz up their own league then they can.

Fifa won't allow ad breaks or anything like that mid game.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Because keepers should come out and clean up, keepers being able to use their feet to play football is good. Stopping them from doing that will go back to the dark ages of pass backs.

I didn't say stop keepers from using their feet, they could still use their feet in their area, and plenty of teams still pass back to their keepers

The scourge of football isn't the pass back, it's teams playing the off side trap on the halfway line

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Therealrealist
5 hours ago, bobowl said:

They need to change something so teams attack each other, sick of the teams setting up not to lose.

Like Darren Moore’s Wednesday did..when we needed to win 🥴

6 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

More crappy American type ideas crossing the pond. 

Yes agree with this, I hate the way outside influences ruining soccer 😛

I get really fed up with zero zero scoring games, there simply not enough offence in the 18 now days