Jump to content

FIFA experimenting with new game system


Recommended Posts

I know I’m an old fart but every time they change the rules football gets a little bit crapper.

Now you can say they need to appeal to a younger audience, but all they are doing is alienating their existing audience.

Please just give us our national sport back. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'd like to see the goalkeeper confined to his area like in 5 a side, it would stop defences pushing right up to the half way line and condensing play

 

I'd like to see our goalkeepers confined full stop.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be a good idea to stop the clock every time ball is dead. Will eliminate time wasting, feigning of injury and the age old art of playing out a win.

 

Limiting it to 30 mins would make sense then too, bsll is only in play 30 mins out 45 I reckon anyway.

 

You'd have to take time keeping off refs though for that to work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No no no that would be ********.

Serious question, why would it

 

I find teams that push up to the half way line to play offside boring

 

If the keeper can't come out and sweep up they wouldn't be allowed to do that

 

I'd also like to see opposition players barred from standing on top of the keeper at corners


Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I know I’m an old fart but every time they change the rules football gets a little bit crapper.

Now you can say they need to appeal to a younger audience, but all they are doing is alienating their existing audience.

Please just give us our national sport back. 

 

Sometimes rules need to change though.

 

Surely it must annoy you when a player is about to create a goal scoring chance and is cynically fouled because the opposition know it will only be a yellow (essentially no punishment at all).  It happens so often and is tantamount to allowable cheating. It seems obvious to me that addressing this would improve the game.

 

A similar thing applies to stopping the clock. Do you really enjoy endless time wasting, faked injuries etc as teams try to close out games. Again addressing this would make the game better both from a sporting and visual perspective.

 

Don't agree with the infinite subs or kicked throw ins though. Not sure what they would achieve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

 

Sometimes rules need to change though.

 

Surely it must annoy you when a player is about to create a goal scoring chance and is cynically fouled because the opposition know it will only be a yellow (essentially no punishment at all).  It happens so often and is tantamount to allowable cheating. It seems obvious to me that addressing this would improve the game.

 

A similar thing applies to stopping the clock. Do you really enjoy endless time wasting, faked injuries etc as teams try to close out games. Again addressing this would make the game better both from a sporting and visual perspective.

 

Don't agree with the infinite subs or kicked throw ins though. Not sure what they would achieve.

Cynical fouls are part of the game though.. I don’t mind them, it’s tactical.

 

Not a fan of time wasting and fake injuries but would rather the ref add on loads of injury time and tell the players that’s why he’s doing it (or don’t add the time on if the result has swung in the other teams favour). Problem at the moment is they go down for 2 minutes and he only adds 30-40 seconds on for that so time is lost

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Cynical fouls are part of the game though.. I don’t mind them, it’s tactical.

 

Not a fan of time wasting and fake injuries but would rather the ref add on loads of injury time and tell the players that’s why he’s doing it (or don’t add the time on if the result has swung in the other teams favour). Problem at the moment is they go down for 2 minutes and he only adds 30-40 seconds on for that so time is lost

 

Cynical fouls are part of the game in the same way as diving for penalties is. Cheating that is not discouraged because the punishment for doing so is negligible. Fair enough if you don't mind it but personally I cannot see that it adds anything (positive) to the game.

 

Re time wasting the system you propose is what is supposed to happen now. It doesn't work. Stopping the clock would be infinitely better because it removes all incentive to time waste. It would stamp it out over night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FIFA, NobbyStyle..

 

“You should only be awarded a free kick or penalty if you can show the match officials a mark from contact, or preferably an injury that requires at least a sticking plaster”


 

 

Edited by NobbyStyle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...