FIFA experimenting with new game system

4 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I absolutely think that a 'sin bin' style suspension for a yellow is needed.

Yellows have become more and more meaningless, especially in these days of multiple warnings from refs before pulling a card out.

A yellow is basically saying "you're allowed to each cheat once and get away with it". I know people like to see someone "taking one for the team", but it is basically pure, cynical cheating.

The other stuff on that list though... meh.

You could go for the black card rule they use in Gaelic Football.

A player goes to the sin bin for 10 mins for a cynical foul, that Chiellini one in Euros final a prime example. 

Of course we would need to define what is cynical foul is  but could stamp out shithousery and players taking one for the team.

• Like 2

Prefer them not to mess too much but need something doing regarding red cards.

Currently a sending off in the later stages of a match only helps clubs playing against them afterwards.

Perhaps any straight red card should be a penalty wherever on the field it occurs.

• Haha 1

Stopping the clock when ball goes out of play: been advocating that for years. But it will mean games lasting about 2 1/2 hours, so limiting each half to 30 minutes isn’t too bad. I’d prefer a bit longer, but it’s an experiment.

Unlimited subs. Fine for the rich clubs with big squads. So, it’s a no.

Throw in with free. What a ridiculous idea. So a “throw in” near the corner flag is, effectively, a corner. 

5 minute suspension for yellow card. I’ll go along with that. But is it still two yellows for a red? Or can you have multiple yellow offences and 5 minute bans?

One rule change I’d like to see is a “penalty goal” similar to in rugby. If a clear goal scoring opportunity is denied by a blatant foul / hand ball, don’t bother with a free-kick or penalty, just award a goal. No need for a sending off either (unless it’s violent play).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

Stopping the clock when ball goes out of play: been advocating that for years. But it will mean games lasting about 2 1/2 hours, so limiting each half to 30 minutes isn’t too bad. I’d prefer a bit longer, but it’s an experiment.

This.

Currently we get an average of 55 minutes for the ball being in play so the new experiment would only give us 5 minutes extra of the ball being in play. 35 or 40 minutes a half might be better.

50 minutes ago, ANDY said:

The first 2 points need bringing in as soon as possible. The cynical timewasting tactics in modern football are horrendous, and referees seem totally unwilling to do anything about it.

The rest of the ideas I'm not too keen on.

• Like 2