Sylvester Jasper

56 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Is reported to have exclaimed “Sufferin' succotash!” after witnessing Dawson and Borner’s performances today 

Tweety when witnessing their performances today  ‘I did, I did see a pair of useless tw@ts?’

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Another wide left player so not a central striker by all accounts. 

I don’t know owt about the lad been tryna read up last few hour since saw he’s the latest name on trial,  scored quite a few in PL 2 last year ?   Worrying if he is another winger come forward though 

Really think it’s an out and out No9 we need

I’m a bit surprised that we aren’t looking at genuine centre forwards. To rely on Paterson to do this role throughout the season is just as big a gamble, if not more so than going into the season with the current first choice keepers. Total mess but it’s what we’ve come to expect. I’m not having a go at Moore as I believe the lack of activity is budget related which makes it more bizarre we’re not looking to move the likes of Borner on?

27 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Why aren’t we actually signing or trailing any actual strikers ?!

We’re after Parrott but I guess Spurs may not want to release him just yet. And who knows what other strikers we’ve made loan bids for whilst their parent clubs line up replacements.  Hopefully we will see someone arrive in the next 2 weeks 

Maybe we have a keeper and striker ( or two) lined up, but they won’t sign until August 1st as they are “ milking their current club” for one last months wages, like all the players that left us are apparently doing?

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

We’re after Parrott but I guess Spurs may not want to release him just yet. And who knows what other strikers we’ve made loan bids for whilst their parent clubs line up replacements.  Hopefully we will see someone arrive in the next 2 weeks 

So do I.....but by which time we'll be starting the season with the two most important positions on the pitch not having had a pre season with us. 

We've heard before about this with new signings, takes time to adjust, get up to speed etc. So, are are we  writing off the first half dozen games of the season again?

5 minutes ago, striker said:

So do I.....but by which time we'll be starting the season with the two most important positions on the pitch not having had a pre season with us. 

We've heard before about this with new signings, takes time to adjust, get up to speed etc. So, are are we  writing off the first half dozen games of the season again?

Yes it’s not ideal but it’s the way the market works thanks to the transfer window closing after the season starts.  Top league clubs are only just coming back after the Euro’s and will want to assess their squad and not release players until they’ve got in replacements etc.  This whole problem could be solved by the window closing 1st august in my opinion. Or closing the window then but leaving a loan window open till end of august for lower leagues

Edited by Southie_Owl

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes it’s not ideal but it’s the way the market works thanks to the transfer window closing after the season starts.  Top league clubs are only just coming back after the Euro’s and will want to assess their squad and not release players until they’ve got in replacements etc.  This whole problem could be solved by the window closing 1st august in my opinion. Or closing the window then but leaving a loan window open till end of august for lower leagues

Agree, clubs should start the season with their squad in place until the next window.

However, are we really in the market for players from top league clubs, even so doubt players at our level would be affected by the euros. Other clubs, including several in L1 have brought in strikers and GK's.

Our first opponents for example have signed Macgillivray and Stockley (already had Amos and Washington at the club)...either of which would walk into our team. 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Loan bids is all well and good. There are loads of freebies in there surely some of them would have come and trialled 

2 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Need x 2 CF 

1 x RW/Inside Forward

1 x CB

1 X GK 

If we manage to pull this off would be happy. 

reckon it will be 2 forwards and a keeper me 

gives us 

x2 new

Windass

paterson

shidipo

green

then hagan and adedoyin as potentials too