Steam Deck

Chris_B_SWFC

On 16/07/2021 at 00:36, Wath-owl said:

It looks great. 

What kind of price will it be? 

Entry level at $399.99 I believe but scale up to around $600.

Looks a great bit of kit, and full access to Steam library.

Sign me up.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2021 at 00:36, Wath-owl said:

It looks great. 

What kind of price will it be? 

64gb is £349

250gb with faster storage is £459

512gb with faster storage and anti glare screen is £569

Preordered mine last night. As expected the servers went down almost immediately. My 512gb preorder said expected April-June 2022, as I think I missed the initial batch. Fine for me though as I can let it have 3-6 months out with the general public and if it ends up looking crap/ropey, I can cancel my reservation. 

Hopefully they’ve found a way around scalpers too. For the first 48 hours, you can only preorder from a Steam account that had made a purchase before July 2021. That stops people creating multiple new accounts to preorder them in bulk. 

£4 deposit, then they’ll contact you when they have enough supply to fulfil your order… looking forward to it, I think! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

64gb is £349

Son of a bitch, I'm in!

Seriously, that's ridiculous value when you compare it with the Switch.

Edited by Wath-owl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wath-owl said:

Son of a bitch, I'm in!

Seriously, that's ridiculous value when you compare it with the Switch.

You’d be able to buy months worth of games to play during a Steam Sale, for the price of one Switch first party title.

• Like 3

On 15/07/2021 at 20:07, Chris_B_SWFC said:

I’m getting one 

Nice, thanks for posting. I'm definitely interested as I always wanted to play on PC to play exclusives and old games, but got put off with the price, messing around you do with them and using a m&k etc. I was going to look at a next gen Xbox in a few years for the same reason, but wouldn't you be able to play them on this too with most/if not all Xbox exclusives being on PC too? Also games from other stores like Epic etc.? If I wasn't a big console/PlayStation gamer I would just get this for it's price and what you get for it. 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!