Papa John's Trophy

cant see more than 2-3000  attending . id charge £40 only open middle of south stand only 2 turnstiles and lose asp . it would actually cost the club money to host these games , so just cant see any point in charging a very minimal amount , nobody goes and get knocked out will be a result. 

I would play the EFL at their own game and only play our development team in these games or players we are building up their match fitness.

They cannot fine us for playing weaken teams if Premier league development teams are allowed to play.

It would be better to get rid of the under 23 teams and let the conference teams take part. It just makes the whole competition a bit of a farce.

• Like 5

You'll love this tournament. The group stage is picked, rather than drawn out of a hat, the U-23 teams will be garbage and many clubs struggle to get more than a 1,000 through the door for the group games.

My lot won it twice when it was a straight knockout and a least with that  there was some jeopardy attached and really good crowds for the Area finals (Huddersfield in particular, I seem to remember, when we won with a golden goal).

• Thanks 1