USA Flights Only

Manchester to Fort Myers return. Needs 1 stop/change. What’s the best /cheapest way to book?

Direct with the airlines or through Expedia or similar. Any tips on cheapest days to travel etc. We can travel any days and looking to go next April/May.

Many thanks

use google flights tbh, much more intuitive.  wouldnt touch expedia etc as a booking agent with a barge pole.  once they have your money they dont care to tell you of anything that might change with itinerary.

• Thanks 1

Skyscanner to compare prices and book with airlines direct. 

Watch out for sales etc. 

BA can be good value especially if you shop at Sainsburys and use their reward card, im racking up bonus Avois miles all the time especially with all the weekly offers and online shopping through  BA portal with a BA credit card. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trans-Atlantic from Manchester is not what it used to be. United and American have both quit MAN.

If you are definite about only wanting one stop, you’ll be limited to Virgin and then connecting onto Ft. Myers via Delta from Atlanta or JFK.

Two stops will give you much more flexibility and *could* open up cheaper fares.

The owls are not what they seem.

I book direct with the actual airlines. Unless it’s last minute, I rarely see cheaper fares on Expedia, etc.

Yeah going to book later. Manchester to Fort Myers via Atlanta. 
KLM or Air France which is basically Virgin/Delta isn’t it?

Am I best off just booking the cheapest ticket then adding luggage and seats after?

Air France/KLM is part of an alliance with Virgin and Delta.

You may book through AF/KLM, but you’ll be flying that route on Virgin and Delta metal.

As long as the journey to Fort Myers is on one ticket, the luggage should be free for all legs. You shouldn’t have to pay for the domestic leg between Atlanta and Florida.

I’ve been burnt recently with seat fees being non-refundable, so with Covid and all the uncertainty, I wouldn’t pay for seat reservations yet.

• Thanks 1

On 23/07/2021 at 09:49, BIG D said:

Thanks for that mate.

So no cost at all for luggage?

I don’t think there should be.

Unless you are taking more than your allowance.

• Thanks 1