Giles Coke tells us about JJ and Llera shower altercation.

Just listened to it all. That was absolutely hilarious and so refreshing to hear from a guy who is able to openly admit his mistakes. Can't wait for part two!

• Like 1

Just listened to the interview, loved it. Was proper laughing at some of the stories, and he has a great way of telling them too. 

Interesting he talks about being friends with Sam Hutchinson, you can definitely understand why they get along. 

Well worth an hour of anyone’s time to listen to that. He’s a great storyteller, exactly the kind of summarizer the likes of RS should be hiring to increase the standard of broadcasting (when he’s not playing obvs)

• Like 2

Guest OwlPastie

Great podcast, very intriguing listen. Giles seems such a genuine guy. 

Tried to find more info about the incident and found some very interesting stuff, but none Sheffield Wednesday related no matter what I searched. 

"shower fight" "men fighting in shower" "footballers in shower" "Spaniard and Jamaican shower". Lots and lots of videos but none were actually JJ or Llera 

Saw him make his home debut. Thought we’d unearthed a good solid midfielder. Sadly he didn’t maintain the promise and seemed to go downhill s rapidly thereafter.

I always thought he had loads of talent. Two very good feet and could dribble with both which is rare. Quick, strong but like some have already said unfortunately didn't do it quite often enough. I still really liked him tbf. 

• Like 1

Prize idiot really, sucking his teeth at Megson and wrestling the ball from Bury’s penalty taking captain. Think it was Micky Gray who recalled on Undr The Cosh that Coke and Clinton Morrison would sit at the back of the coach arguing over who could get the other shot quicker.

As for JJ stabbing Llera with the pointed pole…

• Like 1

Thought GC was good for us at the time, one of the few players that could use both feet comfortably and get around the pitch, I thought he played some really good games for us but would always sour his performance with a really sloppy pass when not under pressure 

• Like 1

Strange player coke seemed to have most things youd want from a footballer tall, mobile two good feet just seemed to lack the mental side of the game.

Podcast sounds great though will put it on the list.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 08:10, waverley_owl said:

It's pretty much in the title. 

We had Giles Coke on the podcast the other week and we've just released it to the masses this morning. 

Had some amazing stories to tell, so many in fact that we had to curtail it and turn it into a two parter.

He spoke about the reason why Megson froze (and forced) him out of the side, about his time in Scotland and very nearly signing for Celtic, a few training ground scuffles and the penalty incident at Bury and much, much more. 

Have a listen. 👍🏼

https://pod.fo/e/d9e8c

Can you try and get Lewis McGugan for a future pod cast I can imagine it would be very enlightening about his time with SWFC and he down turn in football since.

On 20/07/2021 at 12:03, room0035 said:

Can you try and get Lewis McGugan for a future pod cast I can imagine it would be very enlightening about his time with SWFC and he down turn in football since.

We can always try. Be interesting to see whether or not he would open up about some of the reasons why it didn’t work out. 

Coke was an odd player. Clearly had talent but only showed it in short bursts. Always seemed to be me never quite showcased what he was fully capable of. Was a strong runner, could get forward, make a tackle and had a decent shot on him. Everything you want from a midfielder really, but he never fully unlocked it all.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

We can always try. Be interesting to see whether or not he would open up about some of the reasons why it didn’t work out. 

Owen Morrison and Steve Harkness double header with them both on the same call - make it happen 👊

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

He was crap....In the last few months he was just drifting through games.  We used to call him the ghost.

Yep..lazy. Showed a couple of glimpses, that’s it.