Giles Coke tells us about JJ and Llera shower altercation.

5 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

It's pretty much in the title. 

We had Giles Coke on the podcast the other week and we've just released it to the masses this morning. 

Had some amazing stories to tell, so many in fact that we had to curtail it and turn it into a two parter.

He spoke about the reason why Megson froze (and forced) him out of the side, about his time in Scotland and very nearly signing for Celtic, a few training ground scuffles and the penalty incident at Bury and much, much more. 

Have a listen. 👍🏼

https://pod.fo/e/d9e8c

It's great this one - nicely done!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, waverley_owl said:

It's pretty much in the title. 

We had Giles Coke on the podcast the other week and we've just released it to the masses this morning. 

Had some amazing stories to tell, so many in fact that we had to curtail it and turn it into a two parter.

He spoke about the reason why Megson froze (and forced) him out of the side, about his time in Scotland and very nearly signing for Celtic, a few training ground scuffles and the penalty incident at Bury and much, much more. 

Have a listen. 👍🏼

https://pod.fo/e/d9e8c

Really enjoyed listeening to that, thanks for posting. 

Interesting hearing his views on Megson and the fact that he was a horrible person, but a very very good manager. Also refreshing to hear someone who has had attitude problems at times, actually come out and openly admit and in a way own it. Always easy for players to say they were bombed out of a club for no reason, and claim that they were not or never the issue. Not so easy to say actually it was my fault and i shouldnt have done it that way etc. 

9 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

I can’t get that ‘Podcast’ app on my phone, anywhere else we can listen to it/stream it?

Yes, you can listen on Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts or you can just listen to it on here - https://shows.acast.com/609a2b71eb051801c26ee9c1/episodes/an-evening-with-giles-coke-part-one

• Thanks 2

Didn’t he score 4 in his first 3 games or something daft? One on his debut, two in the cup, one away to someone…maybe Hartlepool? 

Also scored that beaut against Brighton. 

Wasn’t it also him who took a penalty in that 2-2 draw with 9 men Yeovil? Scored the penalty but had to retake it and missed. Never seen someone look so gutted.

I liked Coke. Limited footballer, limited talent, but for the most part he was a trier & probably played his best football with us. Prefer that to some of the wasters we’ve had recently.

Exactly why I’m looking forward to signing ‘’nobodies’’ on cheap deals this summer. Zero expectation. Only way is up really.

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Didn’t he score 4 in his first 3 games or something daft? One on his debut, two in the cup, one away to someone…maybe Hartlepool? 

Also scored that beaut against Brighton. 

Wasn’t it also him who took a penalty in that 2-2 draw with 9 men Yeovil? Scored the penalty but had to retake it and missed. Never seen someone look so gutted.

I liked Coke. Limited footballer, limited talent, but for the most part he was a trier & probably played his best football with us. Prefer that to some of the wasters we’ve had recently.

Exactly why I’m looking forward to signing ‘’nobodies’’ on cheap deals this summer. Zero expectation. Only way is up really.

Always considered him the opposite to what you said. Limited talent and zero application. Just seemed to stroll about doing **** all and little care. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed the podcast.

Good insight into both Irvine and Megsons management styles

I'm waiting for the tag team match to be announced between Reda/JJ and Llera/Otsemobor

5 hours ago, McRightSide said:

About from Coke had talent, just not used.

Pelupessy had graft, but zero talent

Yep, Coke reminds me more of a McGugan or an Owen Morrison than a limited trier like Pelupessy. Did anyone ever buy an OT "Enjoy Coke " t-shirt?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Always considered him the opposite to what you said. Limited talent and zero application. Just seemed to stroll about doing **** all and little care. 

Hmm.

I think he was an upgrade on Potter in terms of ‘strolling about doing nothing’. 

I quite liked him. Felt like he was just someone who’s confidence dropped like a stone ridiculously quickly & once that was gone the ‘strolling about’ happened. 

Nowhere near hitting the black book of players who couldn’t give a **** about the club though. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Hmm.

I think he was an upgrade on Potter in terms of ‘strolling about doing nothing’. 

I quite liked him. Felt like he was just someone who’s confidence dropped like a stone ridiculously quickly & once that was gone the ‘strolling about’ happened. 

Nowhere near hitting the black book of players who couldn’t give a **** about the club though. 

I agree. I think he had glimmers of talent but it was all a bit inconsistent.