Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

 

No worries at all. I'm not sure Bostock would still be on the radar after getting Adeniran to be honest.


Where is he playing for Donny? I always thought Bostock was more of a 10? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:


Where is he playing for Donny? I always thought Bostock was more of a 10? 

 

He's at Donny and under contract still. He plays deeper these days I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

 

He's at Donny and under contract still. He plays deeper these days I think.

 

True he played as one of two deep sitting midfielders in 4-2-3-1 formation along side Matt Smith. 

 

Another very average League One player that would never earn us penny or improve us. Certainly not a type of player we are missing right now in our starting 11. In all honesty I would have more faith in Liam Waldock than him. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, malek said:

 

True he played as one of two deep sitting midfielders in 4-2-3-1 formation along side Matt Smith. 

 

Another very average League One player that would never earn us penny or improve us. Certainly not a type of player we are missing right now in our starting 11. In all honesty I would have more faith in Liam Waldock than him. 

 

I think if we hadn't got Adeniran then he was an option, but we did - and I (personally) think it's a better signing for us.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, owls maniac said:

We’re a league 1 club. Why are people surprised that we are picking up QPR rejects? QPR are an infinitely better side than we are right now. We just need players who will do a job in the pub league.

 

Sign pub players you get a pub team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

 

I think if we hadn't got Adeniran then he was an option, but we did - and I (personally) think it's a better signing for us.

 

Completely agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:


I agree that signing younger players is the way to go.  But I disagree that we need to sign a striker who knows league 1.  We just need to sign a decent striker in my opinion.  As a decent striker should be able to score goals at Hillsborough against any opposition we face.  But it will be interesting to see who we bring in 


think we need both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, New Maple Staple said:

I like our new approach - only bring players in called Bailey or Jayden.

It'll confuse the hell out of the opposition! All part of DM's master plan,

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

 

 

Wouldn't mind their Leicester City loanee striker Muskwe too

Knowing us we'll probably end up with Leicester loanee striker Hirst! :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Ideally players with some sort of track record.  I'm all for given players a chance but it just seems to me we are going to pick a side with to many players who haven't really proved themselves.   These sort of players need to introduced to the first team slowly over time.

 

Maybe, I'm taking to much notice of the fans forums and worrying over nothing. 

Give it a rest mate.

 

Anyone with a track record is going to command a fee of some description so courtesy of our current EFL status (all down to Clueless) we can't sign them without breaking the rules and incurring further penalties. Also anyone with a track record is unlikely to be available on loan unless it's an up and coming youngster (like Shodipo).

 

Loans and freebies are all we are allowed to sign and given that situation I think DM has done well so far. Obviously we'll find out how well once the season gets going.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Give it a rest mate.

 

Anyone with a track record is going to command a fee of some description so courtesy of our current EFL status (all down to Clueless) we can't sign them without breaking the rules and incurring further penalties. Also anyone with a track record is unlikely to be available on loan unless it's an up and coming youngster (like Shodipo).

 

Loans and freebies are all we are allowed to sign and given that situation I think DM has done well so far. Obviously we'll find out how well once the season gets going.

 

You give it a rest pal

 

We need better quality.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

You give it a rest pal

 

We need better quality.  

Then name names and how we are going to pay for them given we aren't allowed to buy players?

 

Come on you keep saying we need better quality so put it out there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Then name names and how we are going to pay for them given we aren't allowed to buy players?

 

Come on you keep saying we need better quality so put it out there!

 

NMP I just give the advice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give over, you keep banging on we need better quality but you won't even give any examples of who.

 

You've been called out and now you're running away (or maybe driving away on the Rotherham Owls coach)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...