5 minutes ago, BlackGold said:

I get what you're saying but I see things slightly different - the experience is already present - Bannan, Windass, Palmer, Dunkley, Iorfa, Hutchinson. Add an experienced and solid keeper to those and the rest of newbies can be young, hungry and speedy players for me. I know club has many negatives but way I see it the squad we are putting together looks strong for league one. Doesn't mean anything though if we don't put the points on the board but feeling positive

As you say the experience is already there. The players you’ve mentioned plus Luongo and Paterson should have more than enough to help the younger players.

• Like 5

Another I know next to nothing about, but I’m happy the club has gone in a different direction.

What I have found strange in this window is how common it is for 20-23 years olds to play so little football by their age. I know they’re playing in PL2 but surely it’s stuttering the development of good young players.

The old loan system worked much better for me. Allowed you to make a short term solution to an injury mid season. Now you have to commit to long term loans with guarantees of minutes. Strange really. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Looks to me like moore trying to put legs around the more senior pros that are still here? Much needed aswell? It’s the no 9 that we need to bring in with the know how of this league 

I agree that signing younger players is the way to go.  But I disagree that we need to sign a striker who knows league 1.  We just need to sign a decent striker in my opinion.  As a decent striker should be able to score goals at Hillsborough against any opposition we face.  But it will be interesting to see who we bring in 

• Like 1

We have players like Hutchinson, Bannan, Lofra, Dunkley, Paterson, Palmer & Windass who bring experience. The young , hungry fast players is what we have lacked for years. Now get those Strikers in and a Goalkeeper and i think we will do well

Edited by Shetland Owl
missed a letter
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

have you any more info on potential signings? I know you mentioned one or 2 recently 

Nothing at all mate. First two was Odimayo had been up and Hagan signed new deal. 

Jordan Archer went to be a backup at QPR. Amari’i Bell chose Luton.

And Ravel Morrison was offered the chance to train….

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlackGold said:

I get what you're saying but I see things slightly different - the experience is already present - Bannan, Windass, Palmer, Dunkley, Iorfa, Hutchinson. Add an experienced and solid keeper to those and the rest of newbies can be young, hungry and speedy players for me. I know club has many negatives but way I see it the squad we are putting together looks strong for league one. Doesn't mean anything though if we don't put the points on the board but feeling positive

Think it's looking weaker and weaker most of the players we are signing have been let go by their clubs and not very good clubs at that.  Starting to worry, only one looks promising.  This is starting to remind of whats is name playing all the youngsters. 

We need proven quality.     

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

He called the Shodipo signing, decent reporter is joe 

His articles and passion for Wednesday is brill. But seems people on here have called more that’s all. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think it's looking weaker and weaker most of the players we are signing have been let go by their clubs and not very good clubs at that.  Starting to worry, only one looks promising.  This is starting to remind of whats is name playing all the youngsters. 

We need proven quality.     

So are Everton a not very good club ? Shidapo wasn’t let go , he’s loaned out from qpr after scoring 13 out wide in the league we now find ourselves in . That’s 2 of the 3 signings mate lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

So are Everton a not very good club ? Shidapo wasn’t let go , he’s loaned out from qpr after scoring 13 out wide in the league we now find ourselves in . That’s 2 of the 3 signings mate lol

The QPR fans just do not rate him, the Everton player looks promising.  Onen was released by Brentford, then by Reading not the best track record.  

• Like 1