So who is making the signings?

Paxo and other advisors will probably only have contacts down to a certain level (i.e premier league and championship), where there’s money to be had through signing on fees, agents fees, etc. 

We have to recruit to our budget. The days of silly spending are long gone. (Excluding the money reported over Bannan's contract ). Sadly that contract could well cost us 3 or 4 decent players in our rebuilding plans. If we don't go up this season it will be a waste of resources. 

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

We have to recruit to our budget. The days of silly spending are long gone. (Excluding the money reported over Bannan's contract ). Sadly that contract could well cost us 3 or 4 decent players in our rebuilding plans. If we don't go up this season it will be a waste of resources. 

If BB is half as good as we think he is he'll be gone by the end of the window. If he's still here then that speaks volumes about the total mismanagement of the last few years. 

1 minute ago, MrEdwards said:

Just hope they got contracts longer than 1 year in case one of them ends up worth a few bob

Have it on good authority they signed for 53 weeks! lol

3 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

If BB is half as good as we think he is he'll be gone by the end of the window. If he's still here then that speaks volumes about the total mismanagement of the last few years. 

Thats were the problem lies, Bannan is a good player no more no less. He is over 30 so has little transfer value , but has just hit the jackpot with a lower premier league contract in division 1. Utter madness on our part. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 0742 said:

If it is Moore, as it seems, then it is still very strange that most of our signings have been revealed from the updates of young Att's follows list on Instagram, which shows Chansiri is still very much involved in the process too.

Yes, because Chansiri would otherwise be nonthewiser of whom we're signing!

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0742 said:

If it is Moore, as it seems, then it is still very strange that most of our signings have been revealed from the updates of young Att's follows list on Instagram, which shows Chansiri is still very much involved in the process too.

The Chairman has to approve the signings, that’s how his son will be aware of them

40 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

The Chairman has to approve the signings, that’s how his son will be aware of them

It's still proper tinpot stuff

Don’t like to be negative before any of the new lads kick a ball in anger but I doubt any of them are Moore’s signings in the sense that they were specifically targeted by the recruitment team as the perfect fit for what Moore wants. Or in the sense that Moore knows them, has worked with them and rates them. Or in the sense that they come highly recommended by one of Moore’s contacts in the game. I can’t believe the recruitment team has targeted the likes of Brown and were tracking him for months. Seems more like player gets released with limited options, is bizarrely prepared to join the circus that is Wednesday atm and Moore feels he can get some kind of  tune out of them. To finish on a positive note, at least we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel containing young athletic affordable players with a point to prove rather than the barrel containing  over-priced has-beens looking for a pension like in previous seasons. 

9 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Don’t like to be negative before any of the new lads kick a ball in anger but I doubt any of them are Moore’s signings in the sense that they were specifically targeted by the recruitment team as the perfect fit for what Moore wants. Or in the sense that Moore knows them, has worked with them and rates them. Or in the sense that they come highly recommended by one of Moore’s contacts in the game. I can’t believe the recruitment team has targeted the likes of Brown and were tracking him for months. Seems more like player gets released with limited options, is bizarrely prepared to join the circus that is Wednesday atm and Moore feels he can get some kind of  tune out of them. To finish on a positive note, at least we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel containing young athletic affordable players with a point to prove rather than the barrel containing  over-priced has-beens looking for a pension like in previous seasons. 

isn't that exactly how every transfer should be done? The manager and recruitment team target certain positions then get a list of players that may be possible. I bet there are very few teams out there that can go out and get the exact player they want every time. ESPECIALLY not in this division where there is not much money to go around.

15 hours ago, Plonk said:

There has been a lot of debate over the last few seasons about who makes the signings. Paxo, Att or the manager.

so last seasons signings were all great signings by monk until they turned out to be pants.

So before the season starts who do you think has made these signings?

For me, I think they are definitely Moore signings, and he will be judged on them.

Accept that financially he is limited. 

I don't care who's signings they are (I think they're DM's for the record) but one thing is for certain is that we're recruiting in the right areas. We needed a winger to replace the likes of Harris and Reach and we needed a left back. They seem to have been addressed (lets wait and see what they're like come the start of the season). We just need a number 9 now, a 20 goal-a-season man if we can find him. 

On top of that I think we need to bolster up with some squad players. Those that can step in and do a job with injuries or come off the bench to make an impact when needed. 

11 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

isn't that exactly how every transfer should be done?

Do you not see a difference between having a list of 3 players you feel are the right fit for the team and seeing if any of them will join and having a list of 3 players who will join and seeing if any of them will fit?

My point is that these are Moore’s signings by definition as he is the manager and they have signed but I don’t believe they are players he has targeted but rather has settled for