Has any of our released players

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

So now he’s had his wages hope he feels shameful about his ‘efforts’ last season...pity we can’t backdate his performances

I dont blame the players their footballers.

but equally any business man with half a brain knows what ever happens you make sure your staff are paid on time. By all accounts this has been going on for more than the last few months.

The blame here lies with one person, the bloke who is paying £7.5m a season for a stadium and using it not to run the club but pay off his loan account.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, striker said:

Shame most of that spent running away from the ball. 

Huge myth.

Was poor last season. But so was everyone.

Good player for us over the years. Always available for selection, assists and chipped in with goals.

Didn’t decide his price tag or wage. Wasn’t getting paid on time in his last season. Messed him about in a variety of different positions.

Let’s not be bitter ex’s here. Good player who should have been sold when stock was high to avoid a loss in form and confidence. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Huge myth.

Good player for us over the years. Always available for selection, assists and chipped in with goals.

Didn’t decide his price tag or wage. Wasn’t getting paid on time in his last season. Messed him about in a variety of different positions.

Let’s not be bitter ex’s here. Good player who should have been sold when stock was high to avoid a loss in form and confidence. 

Not a 'bitter ex', didn't like him a long time before it was popular. Fortunately as he has now left, so we don't have to talk about him for much longer, once he is off the payroll.

On 14/07/2021 at 12:21, 0742 said:

Decent players, with decent agents won't sit tight for an extra months salary in exchange for being sat at home. They'll be on the training ground, with their new team mates and coaches developing and becoming part of their new club and enjoying the peace of mind that the next 2-3 years contract they've just signed gives them. 

Imagine a new club approaches you and you tell them to call back on August 1st as you're waiting on your last months pay from your previous club. It just doesn't make sense. Unless they're actually dropping down significant levels or picking up pittance wages, which in turn shows how why we were right to let them walk.

Players sign a contract.

They’re entitled to wages (or a settlement) for the entire contract length regardless of when they leave unless they submit a transfer request.

• Like 3

On 15/07/2021 at 06:49, Plonk said:

Selective stats Sall. Don’t doubt he runs around more than the others ( though that’s no great bench mark last season) its what he does. You know important stuff like goals, assists, tackles? Bet his stats on those against the rest of the league are pretty woeful. 

Anyway why are we still even talking about him? Let him take his Alice band and wonder goals elsewhere 

If goals assists and tackles are the important stuff to you, presumably you’d be happy to see Bannan out of the door on a free?

27 minutes ago, brando said:

Get westwood and Lee's back on reduced wages..

Yeah - It's essential that to move forward as a club we always and only look to the past

Critical that any time we need players that our fans scream for ex-players to return
And critical that any time we need a new manager that our fans scream for ex-managers or ex-players to return

FFS

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - It's essential that to move forward as a club we always and only look to the past

Critical that any time we need players that our fans scream for ex-players to return
And critical that any time we need a new manager that our fans scream for ex-managers or ex-players to return

FFS

Agree. Embrace the change.

On 15/07/2021 at 11:27, SallyCinnamon said:

Huge myth.

Yeh but seriously what a complete pussehhhhh

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, brando said:

Get westwood and Lee's back on reduced wages..

Westwood was absolutely crap last season, and that’s even if you manage to drag him onto the pitch to play in the first place.

Lees needs someone next to him who can do all the organisation etc as Without that his effectiveness plummets. Effectively to bring him back we need to sign someone else to play next to him as well. 

4 hours ago, Ian said:

If goals assists and tackles are the important stuff to you, presumably you’d be happy to see Bannan out of the door on a free?

I don’t need stats to tell me that Bannan put more effort in every game than Reach. Don’t get me wrong I like Reach, think he’s a good player, but this last season I don’t think anyone can say he played well, other than the odd game, and his effort was sadly lacking.

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

I don’t need stats to tell me that Bannan put more effort in every game than Reach. Don’t get me wrong I like Reach, think he’s a good player, but this last season I don’t think anyone can say he played well, other than the odd game, and his effort was sadly lacking.

You’ve just done a complete U turn...started by saying that the important stuff to you was goals assists and tackles and then when it’s pointed out that your Golden boy does none of the above you suddenly decide stats dont matter!!

Edited by Ian
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS

You've just reminded me, we haven't had a thread on HIM for a while!

6 hours ago, Ian said:

You’ve just done a complete U turn...started by saying that the important stuff to you was goals assists and tackles and then when it’s pointed out that your Golden boy does none of the above you suddenly decide stats dont matter!!

My golden boy? WTF does that mean?

And just to help you understand, I didn’t say stats don’t matter, I said I know what my own eyes and brain tell me from actually watching games. 

Do you really think Reach put in maximum effort in every game last season.?

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

My golden boy? WTF does that mean?

And just to help you understand, I didn’t say stats don’t matter, I said I know what my own eyes and brain tell me from actually watching games. 

Do you really think Reach put in maximum effort in every game last season.?

You can't argue that any of them gave 100% of the time.  Whether they did only they can say.  But that side was good enough on paper to stay up.  With one or two decent additions in the final window especially.

Always been a fan of Reachs and in previous seasons sometimes it seemed he was one of the few that tried consistently maybe the general malaise got to him in the end.

Sad really