Has any of our released players

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I assume Rhodes hasn't scored in a pre-season friendly just yet, as there's been no 10-page thread where we all fall out about it thus far.

:duntmatter:

They've only played one friendly so far v Harrogate last Saturday.

He played the 2nd half, didn't score but hit the crossbar.

What I did miss somehow was that Huddersfield have signed Josh Ruffels, the Oxford left back.

Cracking player and one I suggested we should get last summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I won't ask why you know this.

But you want to know really don't you?

When I saw your post it made me curious, so I looked up the match report.

I'll  keep you informed how he does in their friendly at Southport on Saturday.

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

lol

Trust me - when he next scores, we'll all know about it.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

What I did miss somehow was that Huddersfield have signed Josh Ruffels, the Oxford left back.

Cracking player and one I suggested we should get last summer.

I heard he took out Josh Feather, then scored a belter into the top corner against  Steve Feather after nutmegging Adam Feather. Safe to say he Ruffeled a few Feathers 

lol 

Edited by Tea Baggins
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Before anyone mocks players for not having new clubs too - I'd hang on till 1st August before doing so because you're gonna look really silly when they all come to the end of their contracts at SWFC and announce their new clubs

Apart from the fact that if they sign for a club now on less money than they were on at Wednesday we’d have to pay them the difference so wouldn’t affect their pay in anyway that would be a good plan. Secondly apparently a good number of players donate their severance pay to charity like the community program. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

But its not just a month of pay, DC has given them all loyalty payments for seeing out their contracts the likes of Westwood, Reach, Lees could be due £000's of thousands come the end of July. Some muppet signed them up on these deals can you guess who.

I give you a clue.....:Chansiri:

Loyalty bonuses become due at the end of the contract (end of June mostly) severance pay in July is completely separate. 

15 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Manchester City are waiting just incase villa doesn't accept the £90 million bid and he doesn't accept 150k a week. 

I suspect Reach will end up at somewhere like Middlesbrough or Forest their style of play would suit him. Give it 12 months and he will be sold for millions to someone like Burnley or Watford.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I suspect Reach will end up at somewhere like Middlesbrough or Forest their style of play would suit him. Give it 12 months and he will be sold for millions to someone like Burnley or Watford.

Don't think he'd be a warnock type player. He likes players who work hard.

7 minutes ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Don't think he'd be a warnock type player. He likes players who work hard.

No one has ever doubt Reachs work rate it was the fact he was not being paid that affect his commitment to the team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

lol

He won’t score

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

No one has ever doubt Reachs work rate it was the fact he was not being paid that affect his commitment to the team.

So now he’s had his wages hope he feels shameful about his ‘efforts’ last season...pity we can’t backdate his performances

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fittest player at the club and consistently covered the most ground over a season. Ask the coaching staff. 

Selective stats Sall. Don’t doubt he runs around more than the others ( though that’s no great bench mark last season) its what he does. You know important stuff like goals, assists, tackles? Bet his stats on those against the rest of the league are pretty woeful. 

Anyway why are we still even talking about him? Let him take his Alice band and wonder goals elsewhere 

• Like 1