Has any of our released players

Decent players, with decent agents won't sit tight for an extra months salary in exchange for being sat at home. They'll be on the training ground, with their new team mates and coaches developing and becoming part of their new club and enjoying the peace of mind that the next 2-3 years contract they've just signed gives them. 

Imagine a new club approaches you and you tell them to call back on August 1st as you're waiting on your last months pay from your previous club. It just doesn't make sense. Unless they're actually dropping down significant levels or picking up pittance wages, which in turn shows how why we were right to let them walk.

8 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Decent players, with decent agents won't sit tight for an extra months salary in exchange for being sat at home. They'll be on the training ground, with their new team mates and coaches developing and becoming part of their new club and enjoying the peace of mind that the next 2-3 years contract they've just signed gives them.  

I'd sit and wait and watch what happens before being so confident

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'd sit and wait and watch what happens before being so confident

Being confident?!

Are you suggesting a player would sit tight for a months payment, rather than sign a new 2-3 year contract? I'm not saying these players won't find clubs, but to suggest they're sitting tight just to get paid an extra months salary from the club is nonsense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Being confident?!

Are you suggesting a player would sit tight for a months payment, rather than sign a new 2-3 year contract? I'm not saying these players won't find clubs, but to suggest they're sitting tight just to get paid an extra months salary from the club is nonsense. 

I'm saying I'd sit and wait and watch what happens before you getting all confident in what you THINK is happening

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm saying I'd sit and wait and watch what happens before you getting all confident in what you THINK is happening

Again, i'm not 'getting all confident' i'm having a discussion. But there you go again with the bullying tone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 hours ago, 0742 said:

Being confident?!

The players could be sitting tight knowing theyve agreed a 2 or 3 year contract to start on the 1st of August

So let’s use Reach as an example. He was reported to be on £20k a week here ( use it as an example let’s not argue if it’s more or less).

Obviously if he gets offered more he will sign and join his new team mates for pre season.

If he gets offered the same as above.

If he gets offered 2/3/4/5 k less, at what point does he say, ok I will join my new team mates for preseason.

And what do his new team mates think when they say he’s not joining his new team mates until August 1st because he wants to pocket another 2/3/4 k?

All hypothetical of course.

Or have our wages been that ridiculous?

5 hours ago, 0742 said:

Being confident?!

But its not just a month of pay, DC has given them all loyalty payments for seeing out their contracts the likes of Westwood, Reach, Lees could be due £000's of thousands come the end of July. Some muppet signed them up on these deals can you guess who.

I give you a clue.....:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I assume Rhodes hasn't scored in a pre-season friendly just yet, as there's been no 10-page thread where we all fall out about it thus far.

:duntmatter:

I heard he was saving his goals for the game Uddersfield have on the 1st August, against a lower league team.😁😁😁😁

2 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

The players could be sitting tight knowing theyve agreed a 2 or 3 year contract to start on the 1st of August

They could also be sitting tight because as yet no one is interested!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

But its not just a month of pay, DC has given them all loyalty payments for seeing out their contracts the likes of Westwood, Reach, Lees could be due £000's of thousands come the end of July. Some muppet signed them up on these deals can you guess who.

I give you a clue.....:Chansiri:

They get those payments anyway, even if they signed for a club now.

• Like 1

Think it just shows that they aren't as good as people said they are 

Personally hope Reach doesn't get a club 

His attitude stank the place out 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

Think it just shows that they aren't as good as people said they are 

Personally hope Reach doesn't get a club 

His attitude stank the place out 

Swear he covered more kilometres than any other player for three consecutive seasons.

But yeah won’t suit the agenda some have. 

• Like 1