Has any of our released players

Of all of the players who left us I though Reach would have been one of the first to sort a new club. I pretty much assumed he had one sorted before the end of last season. I suppose he might be waiting to get that last month of wages (which I absolutely don’t blame him or any other player for!) but though I’d have heard by now where he’d be heading. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Before anyone mocks players for not having new clubs too - I'd hang on till 1st August before doing so because you're gonna look really silly when they all come to the end of their contracts at SWFC and announce their new clubs

Yep. If a player has interest in them, why rush? 

Agents will be negotiating, playing the game to get them the best deal. 

Clubs also will be testing out conversations trying to find their best deal.

Some players might also just want a clean break to have some time out before deciding where they uproot their family to go and play 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Hasn't Harris been linked with Boro? Sure I read that somewhere, although I'd be surprised Colin signing a player he released when he was in charge at Cardiff obviously not deemed good enough at the time.

Reach has apparently gained interest from Blackburn.

I thought Norwich were also  looking at Reach.

Isn’t it weird. We slag Wednesday for not getting players signed to start preseason “ and leave it until August to sign players”.

But on the other hand, it’s quite ok and understandable for our released players to see out their contracts and take their time deciding where they want to go.

Talk about bipolar!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Isn’t it weird. We slag Wednesday for not getting players signed to start preseason “ and leave it until August to sign players”.

But on the other hand, it’s quite ok and understandable for our released players to see out their contracts and take their time deciding where they want to go.

Talk about bipolar!

Football's moved on tho mate

In days past we used to sign players so they could start the pre-season with the clubs

These days it's not so much / doesnt happen that often

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

I’m really surprised that Lee’s and Reach haven’t got sorted quickly - although reach wage expectation may be too high and Lee’s probably still recovering from injury 

who'd be stupid enough to sign a defender who is injured and can't play the first half of the season, surely nobody is that stupid 🤔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Talk about bipolar!

In some respects you've got a point, but i doubt this years' pre-season offers much to base the starting campaign on.

However, I imagine fitness is a concern - for example unless Reach has a personal training plan, he won't be match-ready until end of August if he's signed by someone in early August.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

In some respects you've got a point, but i doubt this years' pre-season offers much to base the starting campaign on.

However, I imagine fitness is a concern - for example unless Reach has a personal training plan, he won't be match-ready until end of August if he's signed by someone in early August.

It was more of a reference to fans attitude. That the club regularly get bashed for not getting deals done quick, while fully appreciating our own released players can take their time.

All the reasons given for OUR players not signing for other clubs applies equally to the players we are trying to sign?

But fans take the lack of signings as evidence we aren’t trying, or are being somehow negligent