Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

I can’t see for the life of me why we’re hanging on to a player that obviously wants to go?


I’d say his poor performance tonight was clearly a message to the club to let him go,  tho it’s hard to believe he can play worse on purpose 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Better do it quick, it wouldn't be the first time we had a triallist nicked from under our noses after he impressed for us.

Cohen Bramall was lured away by Arsenal back in 2017. 

 

And Ryan France was taken by United.

 

Although that one was actually comedy gold, thinking about it.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

I can’t see for the life of me why we’re hanging on to a player that obviously wants to go?

Money.

 

If they gave us some I'm sure the club would be happy to book his travel arrangement for him. I liked Borner when he came, he looked like he just loved playing. Always had a big grin on his face when he was on the pitch. I think we eventually wore him down, I can understand him wanting to leave.

 

I've no idea if he is free to leave due to non payment of wages or not but DC wants his palm crossesd with silver or Borner stays. As things stand we would probably be better with his wages freed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guessing he's down as a trialist until he's actually signed/loaned. Any chance he hasn't been yet because there might be a fee of some sort involved that would need EFL clearance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

That Alfreton second half team was very very poor and full of trialists. 
So hard to say how good he was against poor players. 


 

If that was the case then the top teams academies wouldn’t be stuffed full of the most talented kids


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

When's the last time we actually signed a triallist for the first team?

 

Frankie Simek?

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did we once have Terry Butcher on trial?

 

Obviously we never signed him but I’m sure I saw somewhere he played for us in a Norther Intermediate match? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did we once have Terry Butcher on trial?

 

Obviously we never signed him but I’m sure I saw somewhere he played for us in a Norther Intermediate match? 


 

Never knew this!!

 

This needs investigating and we need to know all about this one!!

 

@Toadiesurely you’d know this one?

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

I think I'm better than Borner tbf. 


There are people in our recruitment team that would take your word on that. Sit by the phone. lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did we once have Terry Butcher on trial?

 

Obviously we never signed him but I’m sure I saw somewhere he played for us in a Norther Intermediate match? 

I recall that too, back end of his career i think, similar to Nigel Clough and Bruce Grobelaar and more recently the Dutch leftback whose name escapes me all weird and odd signings. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Never knew this!!

 

This needs investigating and we need to know all about this one!!

 

@Toadiesurely you’d know this one?

Quick digging around was after he got the boot from Coventry and Francis gave him some game time in our reserves, not sure if he was looking at him ir helping a mate out. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Money.

 

If they gave us some I'm sure the club would be happy to book his travel arrangement for him. I liked Borner when he came, he looked like he just loved playing. Always had a big grin on his face when he was on the pitch. I think we eventually wore him down, I can understand him wanting to leave.

 

I've no idea if he is free to leave due to non payment of wages or not but DC wants his palm crossesd with silver or Borner stays. As things stand we would probably be better with his wages freed up.

That in a nutshell is the problem as usual, bloody Clueless.

 

How much more damage is he going to inflict on the club with his stupid decisions and even more stupid pride?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...