Kieran Maguire on how we're run

Just now, @owlstalk said:

lol

Fair

Thats a bypass that’s akin to Channers flogging the stadium to himself 🤣

I’ve learnt so much from him. You should see how I’m managing to hide online purchases from Mrs Morepork….. 😂

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Ian said:

How feckin lazy journalism is that..."Sheffield 3.....or is it 4".......how about finding out before going to press

What next....."Sheffield Wednesday (I think) have just signed Atdhe Nuhiu.....or Lionel Messi....one of em anyway

Spot on ! No digging on who or where the friends are iether lol 

Not specifically related to this but poor ownership in general. Has anyone read this account of Charlton and how the staff kicked out that fraud Matt Southall (apparently mates with the Alonso bloke who tried to take over Derby)

https://medium.com/@benjynurick/standoff-in-the-boardroom-the-inside-story-of-a-dramatic-night-in-the-history-of-charlton-athletic-4f175182eefa

18 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

He pays 3 million to club for the ground, club pays him 3 million back on a loan. 

No money has gone anywhere in effect, like putting it into your savings account one day and sending it back to your current account the next. 

Simple analogy. 

The money has gone round a triangle, that is true.

Meanwhile, the ownership of the club HAS moved, and your analogy will break down pretty damn quick once Chansiri starts charging you rent to play in it.

Hopefully a new regulator will put a stop to this. I hesitate to use words like "assets" and "stripped" in the same sentence, but I don't see how Sheffield Wednesday FC is anything but damaged by this.

Edited by basilrobbie
spelling mistake

17 hours ago, Ian said:

How feckin lazy journalism is that..."Sheffield 3.....or is it 4".......how about finding out before going to press

What next....."Sheffield Wednesday (I think) have just signed Atdhe Nuhiu.....or Lionel Messi....one of em anyway

Hope it’s Nuhiu or things could get messy on here

3 hours ago, tomhollywood said:

It's just another example of rich people doing what they want as they live in a different universe to the rest of us; with no regard as to how it impacts regular people and the communities they live in.

As my grandad would say: "Tha' dun't get rich by gee'in it away"

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh is this there we start bashing the pundit and getting all paranoid and that?

How exciting

Is he a friend of yours? its an opinion hardly paranoia. 

Seems as if he can comment on the club, but we can't comment on what he says.

20 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Probably because it’s his job to talk about it. He gets paid to talk about finance in football and unfortunately we are up there with the worst run clubs in the UK, hence he has to talk about us a lot. 

Probably get more copy, looking at how and by whom and conne tions to some of the PL clubs are funded.

On 13/07/2021 at 19:32, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

This was all clear from the accounts published last week not really news.

Known 1st year accountancy students who could make a better job of analysing accounts than that guy.  

Are you more than a 1st year accountancy students?  If so what do you make of the accounts?

In summary for those that don't get it... Our kind, well-intentioned but sadly ill-advised owner has taken our stadium as payback for all the money HE spaffed on the likes of Rhodes, Abdi, Emanuelson etc.

Now why would he want to do that I wonder? Maybe because it's the only thing left in the club that will be worth something when his disastrous reign comes to an end here.

Now follow it through... how does he make his money back on it? Crippling rents?? Sell it back to a new owner?? (We know well how demanding a seller he is). Or develop the land into residential/commercial property.

Either way we've been done. Lost our ground for nothing, and there's nothing we can do about it now. Make no mistake the asset stripping process of Sheffield Wednesday is well underway, and plenty saw this coming.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Are you more than a 1st year accountancy students?  If so what do you make of the accounts?

Been working in profession 25 years.  Worrying thing for me was how the cashflow was covered and the need to take an external loan, the best breakdown of the figures is the SwissRamble one on twitter which is very comprehensive, and covers all the salient points

• Thanks 1