Kieran Maguire on how we're run

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks mate 

I (as always) have no issue with anyone taking issue with a point he has made and welcome your post for getting us back on track

Thank you 👍

Not into shoot the messenger...BUT..when he says sumbody told him dc didn’t pay the latest wages but he ‘forgot’ to ask who did...then it’s sheffield 3...or it could be 4...it’s tinpot

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Get your point that stating why I don't agree with what the pundit and why is better than just saying I think he's just a poor pundit

100%

It’s a thread about the financing of the club and should remain so

People are more than welcome to have a Maguire’s thread titled Kieran Maguire and discuss his ability or accuracy etc 

Like you say it’s better that way than the current total derailing of any and everything thread where the topic has come from a pundit, publication, ex player etc 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Not into shoot the messenger...BUT..when he says sumbody told him dc didn’t pay the latest wages but he ‘forgot’ to ask who did...then it’s sheffield 3...or it could be 4...it’s tinpot

Oh how exciting - pundit bashing 

Great stuff

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Stadium sale a really clever move had we just done it faster and put it in the right accounts. Had we stayed up it would actually have worked out quite well for Chansiri.

It would - true 

There is still the fact that the club doesn’t own its own home though and that’s not worked out that well for other clubs who have done it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Add in the fact that Sheffield 3 is actually paying £7m+ so DC is out of pocket by £4m+  just on the stadium purchase/lease back arrangement. But why would they bother letting facts get in the way. 

I didn't think anything was being paid?

The £4m surplus after the £3m rent payment has been contra'd from the £7m 'payment' - is just reducing the club's debt to Chansiri isn't it??

Hence 'on paper' the Chairman's had £4m out in one season.

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Oh how exciting - pundit bashing 

Great stuff

So we have to love every pundit? Local barmaid in my boozer allways pulls a crap pint..so I try and avoid her...is that ok...

Guest Grandad

Hang on.

So. If I went on the radio to discuss my line of work because I'm acknowledged as an industry expert, meaning my views are sought by broadcast journalists consistently to back up their stories, suddenly that also makes me a journalist too??

Is that what we are saying about Maguire?

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Hang on.

So. If I went on the radio to discuss my line of work because I'm acknowledged as an industry expert, meaning my views are sought by broadcast journalists consistently to back up their stories, suddenly that also makes me a journalist too??

No..it’s like me starting a ITK thread saying we are signing Lionel messi...or Blair..it’s too vague...we have to deal in factamondos

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Hang on.

Depends if you were invited in or just went in of your own accord on a regular basis to give your opinion.

Either way, journalist or expert. it would be p**s poor to say "3...or 4, not sure which"

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I didn't think anything was being paid?

The £4m surplus after the £3m rent payment has been contra'd from the £7m 'payment' - is just reducing the club's debt to Chansiri isn't it??

Hence 'on paper' the Chairman's had £4m out in one season.

it’s all a bit academic really, seeing as the club lost what was it about £25m which had to be funded from somewhere. I believe mostly from DC although who gave him the money to put in may be a separate discussion.  I doubt anybody really thinks he’s making money out of us, at least in the short term. 

2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

it’s all a bit academic really, seeing as the club lost what was it about £25m which had to be funded from somewhere. I believe mostly from DC although who gave him the money to put in may be a separate discussion.  I doubt anybody really thinks he’s making money out of us, at least in the short term. 

There is a difference between the loss for the year in the accounts and what had to be funded by chansiri.

The loss was £24m but the cashflow deficit was c£9m.

This was funded by the João transfer fee received plus a £3.5 million loan.

The difference in the £9m cashflow deficit and the £24m loss is reflected in the big increase in creditors at the year end compared to the PY.

The amount owed in PAYE to HMRC increased significantly as club took advantage of government allowing clubs to defer their payments.

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Well we know £6.5m was borrowed. Against the stadium.

We know 25% of the previous seasons money wasn't refunded in full.

And we know 100% of the early bird season tickets wasn't refunded - but not how much that is.

So exactly how much do you reckon he funded?

Whilst I have zero respect for DC and I’ve always found KM’s articles informative I think he needs to choose his language more carefully. Using phrases like a “washing machine cycle” is a mischievous attempt at making you think “laundering” for what’s essentially a common transaction in business. It’s literally an attempt to embellish a story with a more sinister and dramatic plot……..

We are badly run, we all know but this doesn’t tell us anything we don’t know.

Edited by Morepork

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

but this doesn’t tell us anything we don’t know.

I think it’s finally time we all recognised we need to stop using this phrase 

(The following points aren’t aimed only at yourself but anyone else who posts it)

YOU might know stuff but not every does 

Not everyone is aware of stuff you are 

Ta

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

And we know 100% of the early bird season tickets wasn't refunded - but not how much that is.

No idea but I know we rely on a significant cash injection from him most months of the season. You only need to look at the directors loan account to see how much historically.   Where he gets the money from who knows. All I’m saying  is Maguire has worded it as though he’s had £4m in cash out, I think most accountants on here would argue that that is not the case. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it’s finally time we all recognised we need to stop using this phrase 

(The following points aren’t aimed only at yourself but anyone else who posts it)

YOU might know stuff but not every does 

Not everyone is aware of stuff you are 

Ta

That’s fine, I’ll just amend it to “doesn’t tell me anything I don’t already know” 😂

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

In that 12 months covered in those accounts bugger all in grand scheme of things other than the sponsorship he puts in. But will have had to fund a big cashflow hole the following year somehow

The loan balance in those accounts was c£3m at 31/7/2020, but as you say the loan amount payable on the charge on the stadium filed at companies House a few months later was £6.5m.

Is this the same loan? Don't know.  Only comments on the stadium charge were made on the DC epic press conference last November/December time when I thought it was implied this was an old debt from years ago.