ALFRETON vs SWFC - Official Matchday Thread

8 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

If he is allowed to go out on trial I would expect they will be happy to let him leave.

Only other reason I can think of is the Loan is agreed but we’re waiting for the EFL to sign it off?

I am liking what Moore is trying to do. We have some pace now in the team and some youthful legs which was needed.

For me we have 3 senior players who need shifting out this club and replaced by younger, hungrier more talented players.

Dunkley, Patterson and Borner. All to slow and ultimately poor footballers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

My only concern with Bola is that he got recalled from Rochdale after failing to break into the team...

I thought he was recalled by Arsenal in January to act as cover in case they got any defensive injuries for the rest of the season 

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

What was shodipo like?

Looked alright with the ball. One of his shots from inside corner of the box went out near the halfway line, but did okay other than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not bad, maybe 7/10.  Started slowly but then started to beat his markers every time for pace and drove into the box well.  Similarities to when we first got Antonio on loan 

He didn’t turn out too bad. Thanks mate.

I did think the Alfreton second half team was very very weak with about 6 triallists so our second half improvement was against a much weaker line up. 
That said Lluongo and Adeniran were stand out. Think there looks the makings of a decent squad if we can add a couple of strikers 

Enjoyed my trip there tonight...

We was the better team for the majority of the game. Second half dominated. Shodipo and our LB didn't link up at all and he was getting frustrated by it...nothing he can do if LB won't pass to him

Stand outs for me was Dunkley, Luongo, Shodipo, Green, Adeniran, Hagan

Wasn't a fan of Bola. Some really poor passes and lack of concentration at times

What I did like tonight is that 2 different teams in the 2 halves but both sets of players style was identical - Moore knows how he wants to play and knows what his style will be and the players will enjoy the pass and move that they showed us tonight 

1 minute ago, smhouston said:

We was the better team for the majority of the game. Second half dominated. Shodipo and our LB didn't link up at all and he was getting frustrated by it...nothing he can do if LB won't pass to him

Wasn't a fan of Bola. Some really poor passes and lack of concentration at times

Interesting, someone on one of the Wednesday Facebook pages was crying out for us to sign him. I’ve not seen the game though. 

5 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Think you might be confusing Bola with the left back in the first half. 

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bola seems decent. Would let Borner go back to Germany and get Bola in as replacement.

5 minutes ago, smhouston said:

So. Which one of you is telling the truth?