Lionel Messi

8 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

People do realise Messi is a free agent? 

Barca can’t register him or, any other new signings. They’re massively foul of the La Liga’s financial regulations. It’s not about how much he’s on ffs.

No, people don't realise a lot of what is behind this but doesn't stop them having an opinion. Just need to be educated.

On 07/08/2021 at 12:53, hirstyboywonder said:

Easy option? What should he do?

Ronaldo went to Juventus - a team that has won the league about 8 seasons in a row and the double most seasons. They had more of a monopoly on Serie A than PSG have had on Ligue 1 and they have had less success since he signed for them. 

I don't know, head to Newells like he said he would.

Not like he needs the money is it.

The French league is literally championship level teams after the top few clubs. It is 100% an easy option. It's not like he's going for the challenge

Edited by Gob_Bluth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I don't know, head to Newells like he said he would.

Not like he needs the money is it.

The French league is literally championship level teams after the top few clubs. It is 100% an easy option. It's not like he's going for the challenge

He is going for the challenge of winning the Champions League again, he can go to Newells in two years.

On 07/08/2021 at 14:21, Doctor Duran said:

Out of contract isn't he ?

La liga to me is very boring dominated by 2 teams .. like Scottish premiership.

The 2 teams obviously get the most attention. Yet neither of them won the title this year, and in 10 of the last 20 years at least 1 of them has finished outside the top 2. 

Guest T Hardy
15 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Messi crying cos he can’t stay is ridiculous. “I am crying because Barca can’t match what PSG will pay me” basically 

ABF855C7-EDC7-4777-A8D1-0046AFE9EE4A.jpeg

17 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is going for the challenge of winning the Champions League again, he can go to Newells in two years.

He's already won it, he's going for the money pure and simple. 

He could have done a press conference, made a statement, say he's not going to go to Paris because of the Qatari's human rights record around the World Cup construction, and he's looking for a challenge with a team not dominating their league and named such as AC Milan, Man Utd, Dortmund. Roma etc and wants a fair wage

But instead he cries like a mug at a press conference - boohoo I can't stay at Barca because my wages are too high

He's one of the reasons Barca are fizzed, they've paid him ludicrous wages which means players like Griezmann and other people who can't touch him can ask for 500k - 700k a week with a straight face and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

I have no sympathy for any of them - Barca can fizz off with their saviours of football sctick

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He could have done a press conference, made a statement, say he's not going to go to Paris because of the Qatari's human rights record around the World Cup construction, and he's looking for a challenge with a team not dominating their league and named such as AC Milan, Man Utd, Dortmund. Roma etc and wants a fair wage

But instead he cries like a mug at a press conference - boohoo I can't stay at Barca because my wages are too high

He's one of the reasons Barca are fizzed, they've paid him ludicrous wages which means players like Griezmann and other people who can't touch him can ask for 500k - 700k a week with a straight face and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

I have no sympathy for any of them - Barca can fizz off with their saviours of football sctick

Top players don't just strive to win the top prizes once, that's what sets them out from the rest.

Barcelona aren't screwed because of Messi, yes he was the most expensive, justifiably so, but he was also by far the biggest attraction in terms of bringing money in. I've given you a list of about a dozen players bought for £20M+ up to £130M by the last board - all of which will have been on huge money, all of which have failed. Lets see how successful they are without him.

Do you blame the Wednesday players who were paid big wages for our mess or is it down to those handing out the contracts? Wednesday's wage bill to turnover ratio is worse than Barcelona's

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Top players don't just strive to win the top prizes once, that's what sets them out from the rest.

Barcelona aren't screwed because of Messi, yes he was the most expensive, justifiably so, but he was also by far the biggest attraction in terms of bringing money in. I've given you a list of about a dozen players bought for £20M+ up to £130M by the last board - all of which will have been on huge money, all of which have failed. Lets see how successful they are without him.

Do you blame the Wednesday players who were paid big wages for our mess or is it down to those handing out the contracts? Wednesday's wage bill to turnover ratio is worse than Barcelona's

He's also won it more than once?

You haven't given me any list of players, we've literally had about 3 exchanges in this thread. Think you've got me confused with someone else 🙂

Obviously you disagree with my assessment of him taking the easy way out and him taking the money of a corrupt regime. I couldn't give a throw about how they do without him, I'm just enjoying them suffer after all the mes que un club testicles they espoused for years.

Which was why I originally posted in the thread. He could have literally put out a plea and played anywhere in the world but he took the money and the easy option.

3 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He's also won it more than once?

You haven't given me any list of players, we've literally had about 3 exchanges in this thread. Think you've got me confused with someone else 🙂

Obviously you disagree with my assessment of him taking the easy way out and him taking the money of a corrupt regime. I couldn't give a throw about how they do without him, I'm just enjoying them suffer after all the mes que un club testicles they espoused for years.

Which was why I originally posted in the thread. He could have literally put out a plea and played anywhere in the world but he took the money and the easy option.

Sorry didn't realise I had to quote you directly with the list, it's in the thread that you have taken an interest in, thought you might be able to get that far.

Also, again in reply to you being pedantic, top players want to carry on winning, more than once, multiple times, that's what sets them apart.

Why would he play anywhere in the world when still among the elite, who does that? 

10 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Messi is the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sorry didn't realise I had to quote you directly with the list, it's in the thread that you have taken an interest in, thought you might be able to get that far.

Also, again in reply to you being pedantic, top players want to carry on winning, more than once, multiple times, that's what sets them apart.

Why would he play anywhere in the world when still among the elite, who does that? 

I came in, said he'd taken the easy way out by signing for PSG on page 8, I'm not going back to look for a point you made that wasn't directly addressed to me

I think the same of any player signing for PSG as I did as any player signing for a chinese club or Man City

Veratti, Mbappe, Neymar etc.

You disagree

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

Edited by Gob_Bluth