Lionel Messi

4 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Because that would involve him thinking about others.

If anything this saga has taught me is that Ronaldo is the superior player and person.

Why not stay at Barca for reduced money and remain a legend at a place you love and have raised your family?

Greed!!! Simply, Greed!! 

1428808144_Screenshot_20210806-114618_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.df755785735c5e6f02bfcfc3f51b20e2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

The best I've ever seen, but he's 34 now.

That said, I'd love to see him at Citeh with the talent they have for feeding a goal scorer. That got even better yesterday.

Would be fantastic if he ended up at City. Forget about Kane, bring Messi in and go for Haaland next year.

• Like 1

Been a few times. We usually have a blokes day out every year but not been for the last couple.

If you register as a fan you can usually get tickets for the games such as Palace etc.

I can also recommend the ground tour which isn't expensive especially for young'uns.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Been a few times. We usually have a blokes day out every year but not been for the last couple.

If you register as a fan you can usually get tickets for the games such as Palace etc.

I can also recommend the ground tour which isn't expensive especially for young'uns.

Just had a look and I could get tickets for the Norwich and Southampton home games.

City don't need Messi.

They're building a legacy, Messi would be a huge distraction to the project and would scream desperation on Pep's part. City are collectively better than Messi is individually and at 34 you don't want to start re-assembling your side for him .

Chelsea, PSG, Miami, UAE yes, because its just the kind of marquee, novelty signing they do to prop up international appear

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

City don't need Messi.

They're building a legacy, Messi would be a huge distraction to the project and would scream desperation on Pep's part. City are collectively better than Messi is individually and at 34 you don't want to start re-assembling your side for him .

Chelsea, PSG, Miami, UAE yes, because its just the kind of marquee, novelty signing they do to prop up international appear

Probably right that to be fair. 

Guest T Hardy
11 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Because that would involve him thinking about others.

If anything this saga has taught me is that Ronaldo is the superior player and person.

Why not stay at Barca for reduced money and remain a legend at a place you love and have raised your family?

Greed!!! Simply, Greed!! 

Ronaldo is stronger, quicker, better in the air and better at penalties. Better right foot too.

But that’s it. For every other attribute Messi is better, it’s the most nonsensical debate ever pretending otherwise.

Guest T Hardy
On 15/07/2021 at 12:38, Doctor Duran said:

Only problem with Messi is that he has took the easy life with Barca all his career.  

I wish he'd have played in a couple of different leagues - Seria A / Bundeslige or Prem and proved himself (which he would).

Brilliant player and undoubted talent.

“took the easy life”

Nobody says that about Maldini, Giggs, Scholes etc. Messi is the only player in the history of football to be criticised for been loyal to Barca, that’s just a measure of how good he is I think 

I agree though in that I’d have loved to have seen him in England for sure, just to shut up people who think he “couldn’t hack it” over here. Dominating our best teams in Europe isn’t enough, he’d struggle against Norwich and Huddersfield apparently lol 

It'll only be in England where we throw out the question of whether Messi could do it here?

You'd never hear it from Germany, Italy etc., 

Utter English BS exceptionalism.

The idea he took the easy life is utter horsesh*t.

Consistently the best player in the world at one of the biggest clubs in the world is taking it easy?! 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It'll only be in England where we throw out the question of whether Messi could do it here?

You'd never hear it from Germany, Italy etc., 

Utter English BS exceptionalism.

The idea he took the easy life is utter horsesh*t.

Consistently the best player in the world at one of the biggest clubs in the world is taking it easy?! 

Nail on the head there. It all comes from what Sky have pushed for years about “the best league in the world” I think, creates that feeling of superiority, Messi has played in it so he’s not proven lol 

I always say with the silly debate though, look at the people on each side of it. Piers Morgan, who incidentally used to tweet Messi was the greatest ever before he interviewed Ronnie. Then you’ve got probably about 95% of current and ex players on the other side of it 

Best league in the world...and yet, more often than not, the Spanish teams will have the measure of English opposition.

Heck, the likes of Villarreal, Sevilla will often do over the English sides when it matters.

Rubbish.. he's had it easy.

Like I said brilliant player .. but not tested himself in much better leagues.

Same as Mbappe at PSG.

Prove himself in other top leagues and i did mention Italy Germany before the Prem and and will deserve the world's best tag..

Like Ronaldo has.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Best league in the world...and yet, more often than not, the Spanish teams will have the measure of English opposition.

Heck, the likes of Villarreal, Sevilla will often do over the English sides when it matters.

4 - 6 teams rest are championship level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Rubbish.. he's had it easy.

Like I said brilliant player .. but not tested himself in much better leagues.

Same as Mbappe at PSG.

Prove himself in other top leagues and i did mention Italy Germany before the Prem and and will deserve the world's best tag..

Like Ronaldo has.

So much sh*te in a few sentences. 

Please name all the leagues that are much better than La Liga? 

Go on...

• Like 1