Lionel Messi

12 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He’ll stay at Barcelona yet. La Liga won’t want him to leave so will do their best to help Barca keep him 

I don't know. Barcelona net debt is €488 Million. That is if they sold all of their assets, they would still owe that amount. Its crazy.

La Liga have to stick to their guns. If not, what is the point having rules?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, owl_83 said:

I don't know. Barcelona net debt is €488 Million. That is if they sold all of their assets, they would still owe that amount. Its crazy.

Since I posted I have been reading about an investment that la liga have agreed with a bank, but Barca and Real aren’t happy. Can’t help but view this in context of the ESL.

I hate the inevitably of him ending up at PSG or City almost default of being the only clubs who can afford him. It’s such a boring outcome to what should be the biggest move in the game.

He’d be WAY more of a legend and immortalise himself even more if he played for £50k per week and went somewhere random to try and build a club around his greatness ala Maradonna. 

Go to Fiorentina or Marseille. Or go replace Grealish at Villa. Why not? 

• Like 1

Reckon there's a curve ball incoming and he'll end up in the MLS at Miami on some new mega contract that the MLS sanction new rules for

Kind of the like the time Beckham went to LA and they brought in the designated player rule

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I hate the inevitably of him ending up at PSG or City almost default of being the only clubs who can afford him. It’s such a boring outcome to what should be the biggest move in the game.

He’d be WAY more of a legend and immortalise himself even more if he played for £50k per week and went somewhere random to try and build a club around his greatness ala Maradonna. 

Go to Fiorentina or Marseille. Or go replace Grealish at Villa. Why not? 

Because that would involve him thinking about others.

If anything this saga has taught me is that Ronaldo is the superior player and person.

Why not stay at Barca for reduced money and remain a legend at a place you love and have raised your family?

Greed!!! Simply, Greed!! 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, owl_83 said:

Barca wage bill €647a year  2 years ago that is a staggering amount. 

I agree La Liga can't give in on this one.

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Because that would involve him thinking about others.

If anything this saga has taught me is that Ronaldo is the superior player and person.

Why not stay at Barca for reduced money and remain a legend at a place you love and have raised your family?

Greed!!! Simply, Greed!! 

Because Ronaldo didn't push his move to Juventus for money... Knowing Juve would be paying him more than Real would have offered for a new contract. 

£540,000 per week wages. 

P.s Messi had agreed to HALF his wages to stay at Barca. Despite knowing he could have got much more elsewhere. 

Edited by Skyline
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Paris going straight in for the kill. Already in talks with Messi 

What a crap outcome that would be. At least if he went to the PL he’d be playing against decent players week in week out. Messi going to France or the USA would be like Ronnie O’Sullivan rocking up at the working men’s for the snooker tournament

• Haha 1