Lionel Messi

Guest T Hardy

I’m a big a Messi fan as most but I’ve no interest really in seeing how he does until it gets to the Champions League. I expect 30-40 goals from him in Ligue 1, and that’s even when he’s rested before Champions League games 

On 13/08/2021 at 07:48, Kopparberg said:

Paris St-Germain will look to sign Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 36, from Juventus in the summer of 2022 as a potential replacement for 22-year-old France striker Kylian Mbappe, who has been a long-time target of Real Madrid. (AS - in Spanish)

So clubs are literally just making transfer decisions based entirely on how many shirts that player will sell in the USA and China now.

End-stage football right there.

15 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

So clubs are literally just making transfer decisions based entirely on how many shirts that player will sell in the USA and China now.

It would also put Messi and Ronaldo in the same team potentially.  

Iconic stuff 

Guest T Hardy
18 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

Ronaldo would score 30 goals a season in that league easy for the next few years 

No way will he go to PSG though and be in Messi’s shadow 

24 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Ronaldo would score 30 goals a season in that league easy for the next few years 

No way will he go to PSG though and be in Messi’s shadow

And if that's not a damning indictment of how these 'superclubs' are leeching the life out of their domestic leagues, I don't know what is.