Lionel Messi

10 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I came in, said he'd taken the easy way out by signing for PSG on page 8, I'm not going back to look for a point you made that wasn't directly addressed to me

I think the same of any player signing for PSG as I did as any player signing for a chinese club or Man City

Veratti, Mbappe, Neymar etc.

You disagree

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

What club should he go to, would meet your criteria.

Plus a club  needs to bid for him.

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

What club should he go to, would meet your criteria.

Plus a club  needs to bid for him.

As I said earlier in the thread

He could literally go anywhere he wanted and all it would take is one press conference

Do a press conference, slate the Qatari owners of PSG for their involvement in the world cup human rights fiasco, same with City and Abu Dhabi, and literally put out a come get me plea to clubs like Man Utd, Dortmund, AC Milan, Napoli - teams who have fell behind.

Imagine him going to Napoli and following in the footsteps of Maradona and dragging them to a Serie A

Maybe I'm being too sentimental. 😂

My best mate is a Marseille fan so I've inherited his hatred of PSG 

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

BRADDO in opens thread on Owlstalk because he reads and posts in Owlstalk threads shocker.

So you care then!

Unless you decided to open and contribute to a thread you don't care about?

lol

Guest T Hardy
11 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

He's already won it, he's going for the money pure and simple. 

He could have done a press conference, made a statement, say he's not going to go to Paris because of the Qatari's human rights record around the World Cup construction, and he's looking for a challenge with a team not dominating their league and named such as AC Milan, Man Utd, Dortmund. Roma etc and wants a fair wage

But instead he cries like a mug at a press conference - boohoo I can't stay at Barca because my wages are too high

He's one of the reasons Barca are fizzed, they've paid him ludicrous wages which means players like Griezmann and other people who can't touch him can ask for 500k - 700k a week with a straight face and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

I have no sympathy for any of them - Barca can fizz off with their saviours of football sctick

It’s Messi’s fault Barca kept throwing money at him?

What a ridiculous observation 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you care then!

Unless you decided to open and contribute to a thread you don't care about?

lol

No.

I opened the thread as I do when I read Owlstalk threads. I read the thread and having done so, decided I don't care about Messi, his silly sobbing or his ludicrous, obscene wages.

Is that OK with the thread Police?

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

In what way?

In a way they can't actually work out, bar something about him being greedy.

Oh, or he should play for free or some nonsense like that.

Cause they'd all work for free.

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Nothing against Messi and his talent but makes me laugh that he moves to PSG. Such a crap move. Wonder how fun it'll be watching him destroy Brest and Clermont whilst the front 3 are rimmed to death. Just meh. 

Where is he meant to go, exactly? 

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Nothing against Messi and his talent but makes me laugh that he moves to PSG. Such a crap move. Wonder how fun it'll be watching him destroy Brest and Clermont whilst the front 3 are rimmed to death. Just meh. 

Would love to have seen him in the prem, albeit not someone like city though. A Man U type would have been far more exciting 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

People are on here are failing to understand he can't move to a club who don't bid for him.

PSG did make an offer so he moved there.

City want Kane cause they need an Aguero replacement and Chelsea want Lukaku to replace their duff centre forwards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I get that. But I still think PSG is such a naff club. I also think if Messi really wanted to play for hid beloved Barca he still could. Yes on much reduced wages but he still could if he really wanted too. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I get that. But I still think PSG is such a naff club. I also think if Messi really wanted to play for hid beloved Barca he still could. Yes on much reduced wages but he still could if he really wanted too. 

The point is he can't.

He offered to take a 50% wage cut

Even on 50% reduced wages Barcelona couldnt register him:

Messi wouldn’t have been able to take any more than a 50 per cent cut due to a clause in Spanish employment law that is in place to avoid financial manipulation.

Even if Messi had offered to play the 2021-22 season without a salary, Barcelona would not have met La Liga’s salary regulations. Had Messi stayed, Barcelona’s annual salary would have accounted for 110 per cent of their income, but even with him off the books, the remaining figure is still 95 per cent. To comply with La Liga’s regulations, they need to bring it down to 70 per cent.

15 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

No, he couldn't.

Even with a 50 percent paycut they still couldn't afford him.

I think 50 percent is more than generous.

Yes, he's paid absurdly well, but just think how much money that man has generated for that club.