Goalkeeping Situation - Dawson / Wildsmith

I got severely bored this weekend so downloaded last seasons football manager, decided to see if I could keep Wednesday up. I can't decide If its realistic or not.

On one hand Westwood is out for 5 months but on the other, I'm inundated with bids for wildsmith and dawson

Oh and Jack marriott has 4 goals 6 games in

Edited by Daryl Catpiss

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What happened to the days where we just used to sign solid keepers on loan season after season?

Crossley, Weaver, Carson, Lucas, Turner - all came in during the 00s and provided a steady pair of hands. Surely we can get a competent keeper on loan?

Up until a couple of years ago, in my time supporting Wednesday, we’ve always had a good solid goalkeeper no matter how bad the outfield team are. Bywater, Grant, Kirkland, Pressman, Westwood etc.

Westwood was showing signs of decline and Dawson and Wildsmith just not good enough. 

paxo and chansiri

That's what happened 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we could merge Dawson and Wildsmith together and only keep the best attributes of each, do you reckon we'd have a decent 'keeper?

No, both have the same weakness - the ball coming at them and being able to stop it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 17/07/2021 at 22:52, 83owl said:

Apparently moved up North at an early age after developing a phobia of seagulls after one nicked a pie out of his hand whilst he was in his pram as a child.

I grew up in Brighton and they were everywhere. Those things were evil. I once saw a couple of them fighting over some leftovers in Blackpool and they smashed a plate.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we could merge Dawson and Wildsmith together and only keep the best attributes of each, do you reckon we'd have a decent 'keeper?

Nope, 2 turds make a pile of turds

Edited by mogbad

On 16/07/2021 at 23:41, Therealrealist said:

Why? Just cus hes from the academy?

No, because I'd heard some good stuff coming from the academy coaches about his progression. Needed more game time lower league before playing, full seasons in league One and Two before coming back.